GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY Empty
PostSubject: DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY   DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:53 am

Yesterday I was out for a fabulous impromptu Fall ride and the dreaded red triangle appeared on my dash briefly then went off. No other messages came on. I stopped and checked the oil level and it was fine.
The bike was running great and I had no idea what the problem was. (I would have check the codes right then but forgot the service number.
(Later I remembered I had the numbers with me in my phone. doh!)
On the way home the warning appeared twice more for a second or two each time. When I got home I looked up the codes in the dash and DSB 08 was in memory. That's OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY. I immediately thought about Peter's warning of the upper oil pan gasket.
I am planning to change the oil soon so decided to buy both oil pan gaskets (#s 01003650,05003630) and a new pressure switch for good measure.
I'm thinking ahead and am wondering what I else I should be looking and preparing for when I take the pan and spacer off? I'll check the oil pick-up screen too. Has anyone encountered this situation and discovered the upper pan gasket was OK? If the upper gasket is fine then what might have triggered the code? I forgot to mention the Low Oil Pressure light never came on.
Thanks in advance. I apologize if this has been asked and answered before.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY   DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:02 am

If you go to the search tab and type in “oil pressure sensor” it will take you to a thread started by Guzzi Cat from Ireland that is a step by step on how to replace the oil pressure sensor. It’s from 2015.
I’m sure you’ll hear from others too. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY   DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:40 am

Thanks JohnA,
One of my first thoughts was that it might have been the pressure switch but according to the codes it's not. An oil pressure sensor code is DSB 07. My code was 08. Oil Pressure Anomoly.
My pressure switch has been replaced sometime in the past (before I bought the bike) but I've ordered a replacement anyway. I suppose it's possible a oil passage is partially plugged and caused the alarm but I don't know at this point. Maybe I'll know more when my gaskets arrive and I take off the pan.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY   DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

DSB 08 OIL PRESSURE ANOMOLY
Page 1 of 1