GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil pressure gauge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aurimas
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
aurimas

Oil  pressure gauge  Empty
PostSubject: Oil pressure gauge    Oil  pressure gauge  Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 am

Hello, 

Did anyone tried to install permanent oil pressure gauge? Would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure gauge    Oil  pressure gauge  Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:41 am

Very easy on the 1100, just plumb in a splitter where the pressure switch sits and run the gauge sender from there.
Back to top Go down
aurimas
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
aurimas

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure gauge    Oil  pressure gauge  Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Very easy on the 1100, just plumb in a splitter where the pressure switch sits and run the gauge sender from there.
From top of your head maybe you remember the size of thread, and where would you recommend to install the gauge itself?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure gauge    Oil  pressure gauge  Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm

Pull the sender out and measure it. I think it's a 10x1.5 but I can't be certain from memory.

As for mounting? Wherever you want and it fits. I have to say that while gauges have their place I can't really see the point of one unless you suspect there is a problem. If you have a sudden loss of pressure it'll all be over before you can pull in the clutch at anything above idle speed.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure gauge    Oil  pressure gauge  Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:59 pm

I plumbed in a oil pressure switch gauge on a lemans 1000 many years ago. Wasn't hard.
I removed the sender unit and plumbed straight to the gauge. Rewired the connection from the sender unit and connected it to the gauge and from there on to the original oil lamp. I could set the desired pressure at which the light illuminated with the gauge. The post in the gauge was adjustable and when the needle contacted the post it would illuminate the oil lamp.
Same principle as the original sender unit, only I had an oil pressure reading as well.
Of course that was on a bike which had no ECU.
As Pete says, probably not much use if it's total oil pressure loss. That would apply to oil light coming on as well in that circumstance I would think.
Nice farkle tho..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure gauge    Oil  pressure gauge  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil pressure gauge
Page 1 of 1