GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clocks from Miles to Kilometres

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Camphill
Carlotto
Carlotto
Camphill

Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Empty
PostSubject: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello all
Is there a way to convert a Bretix's (miles ) bike clock to Kilometres ..I just got an English bike into Europe (Ireland)

I need to convert or Iam going to loose my license Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:59 pm

Yes, very easy. Set the trip switch on the left hand switchblock to 'Mode' and then press the button on the front of the block with short presses to cycle through the display showing voltage and 'Chrono' until you get to 'Menu' on the screen. Hold the button down and it will bring up a drop-down menu that lists a number of things like language, diagnostics etc and I think right at the bottom it will say 'Measurements'. Using short presses of the button scroll down to this and then when it is highlighted hold the button down. Another screen will pop up saying 'Miles/Km'. Give the button a quick press to swap from miles to km. Then press and hold and it will revert to the previous menu. Scroll though to 'Exit' and hold the button down, that will take you back to the previous menus until you get back to the original screen which will now display everything in Km's!

It sounds tricky but it's not. Do also remember I'm doing this at 6.45AM in a hotel bed a long way from a bike so there may be details I've forgotten but that's the gist of it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Camphill
Carlotto
Carlotto
Camphill

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:20 pm

Cheers Pete
I'll give that a lash tomorrow
Roan
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:30 am

ahhh yes what Mr Roper says is true,
however, with a caveat.....

(OMG can't believe I'm about to nay say HIM)

that will change the odometer readings but not the dial.
I have a MPH model here in KM land.
No issues with John Law "if you don't know how fast you're going.... we'll let you know.."

oh wait.... we are talking GRiSO.... I have a Sport Embarassed

Last edited by bahamazoo on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:43 am

Ahh! Grasshopper! Your Sport has an analogue speedo. GRiSO has LCD numeric display for speedo. It too changes!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:46 am

doh, beat me there Mr Roper, was busy cleaning up wine from the joke page.... I did make an edit, but "too late " she cried.

I seek umbrage.... and will do penance.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:13 pm

So you ought to, Pat.

Pat writes note to self: "Do not second guess the master"
Back to top Go down
Camphill
Carlotto
Carlotto
Camphill

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:14 pm

So I went through all the folders in the menu, but couldn't find a "measurements" folder or sub folder in the different secetions
Might be a different clock set up Pete ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Doubt it. I'll go and have a squizz at mine this morning. I probably forgot something.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Yeah, I missed a step.

Go into the main menu and go to 'Diagnostics'

Enter the service code, 12425, and it will bring up the next menu. Km/Miles is about the third one down. Scroll down to it with rapid button presses then when it is highlighted hold the button down.

That will give you a screen with the two options. If 'Miles' is currently highlighted give the button a tap to select Km. Then after a couple of seconds hold the button down to retreat to the previous menu. Scroll through with quick button presses to 'Exit' and hold the button down. That will take you back to the original 'Menu' screen. Scroll through to 'Exit' again and hold down the button. That will take you back to the dash 'Menu' screen.

Turn the ignition off and wait for the clock to vanish, (This takes ten seconds or so.) then turn the ignition back on and it will now calibrate in Km. Thumbs Up

Pete
Back to top Go down
Camphill
Carlotto
Carlotto
Camphill

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:27 am

That did the trick
Happy days
Many thanks for the help Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:24 am

You're welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clocks from Miles to Kilometres    Clocks from Miles to Kilometres  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clocks from Miles to Kilometres
Page 1 of 1