GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Smoke and hoses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:14 am

So, I got my roller kit all installed and everything (maybe not quite) back together. It started up easily so I shut down to go ahead and add the Beetle roller map which went fine. I started it up this morning to really let it warm up, and as it did it churned out more and more smoke. There was no sign of let up after 3-4 minutes so I shut down to investigate and saw this loose fitting. Since I was apoplectic during fuel tank removal, I might have the wrong hose hooked up. Can anyone tell me where this is supposed to go? The smoke might just be oil in the inlet track since I did spray out the TBs while they were open. Any thoughts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:46 am

That's the battery box drain.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:48 pm

... and obviously has nothing to do with your smoke issue
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:31 pm

I'd go down road and see when you get back.
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks for the hose ID. As suggested I took it for few miles out in the 48 degree weather and the smoke cleared out soon enough. It's running great on the new map and rollers, so the next little chore will be TB balance. The bike felt amazingly nimble, even after a year of riding the BSA. Now to dig out my sheepskin jacket.
Doug
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Good to hear cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smoke and hoses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke and hoses   Smoke and hoses Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Smoke and hoses
Page 1 of 1