GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New CRG Lever install

Go down 
+3
Steak
DungeonMaster
Birch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

New CRG Lever install  Empty
PostSubject: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 am

I ordered some CRG levers cross referenced with the correct part numbers for the GRiSO.

I've heard the stories of clutch slipping and brake lock up due to improper adjustments.

So...... any IQ test to know if I have it done right?
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:08 am

Hmmmmm, I gotta look over their list to see if they have any for short reach fingers (for my wife)
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 am

I have set of PAZZO Racing levers, but it's all the same stuff. There is no way to screw anything up, so the horror stories must be coming from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The only fly in the ointment is the transfer of the piston on the clutch lever from stock to CRG. There is a tiny set screw secured with Loctite which is often overlooked. It is not a job for apes, you can remove it easily once the set screw is released.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Steak wrote:
so the horror stories must be coming from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rats! I was hoping that was a real site.
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm hoping that. Just read about front disks locking and clutch not fully releasing.

Once the levers are on, Zard pipe, net Matris for my oversized arse, Rizoma front indicators, hugger, 60mm Rizoma risers and I think I'm set Smile
Back to top Go down
cytocycle
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cytocycle

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:19 pm

I think that would refer to the cheap ass chinese levers that might be more universal than real, but still I have had those cheap ones and you really couldn't screw those up either
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:15 am

remember how I asked if this could be cocked up? Well, it seems that screw/bolt that you need to first remove is not only welded into the nut on the bottom, but it is also made with the softest metal available at the time of production.

Looked easy enough. Spanner to the 10mm nut on the bottom and unscrew with my screw driver. Low and behold, the damn screw turned but it was the slot, not the screw.

I'm open to ideas! Help?
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:26 am

cytocycle wrote:
I think that would refer to the cheap ass chinese levers that might be more universal than real, but still I have had those cheap ones and you really couldn't screw those up either

ASV levers certainly lock up the front brake. Shame, nice levers.

All the best
Pete
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:27 am

That's why I bought the CRG's. Well... If I can ever get the buggers installed.
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:30 am

Birch wrote:
That's why I bought the CRG's. Well... If I can ever get the buggers installed.

You are a good judge. Smile

All the best
Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Birch wrote:
remember how I asked if this could be cocked up? Well, it seems that screw/bolt that you need to first remove is not only welded into the nut on the bottom, but it is also made with the softest metal available at the time of production.

Looked easy enough.  Spanner to the 10mm nut on the bottom and unscrew with my screw driver. Low and behold, the damn screw turned but it was the slot, not the screw.

I'm open to ideas!  Help?

Ummm? You loosen the nut first. The pivot screws into the perch. The nut is a lock-nut. What sort of tools are you using? The only way I could see of screwing it up would be by using inferior tools that don't fit??

Pete
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Pete.. I'm putting it down to operator error.

If/when I get it out, is it some magical part or an easily replaceable machine screw?
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Got the bugger out. Looks like Luigi was hitting the breakfast grappa. The damn thing was cross threaded.

Time to find a new bolt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CRG Lever install    New CRG Lever install  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New CRG Lever install
Page 1 of 1