GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear shock install

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Rear shock install Empty
PostSubject: Rear shock install   Rear shock install Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:08 am

I’ve ordered a new shock for bike and I’m expecting 4 - 6 week wait. My swingarm and knuckle need to be inspected for grease.

Do I wait til shock comes before grease feasta, so making it easier to install shock OR is it easy enough to fit the shock down the track and get the grease happening asap. Bike (new to me) isn’t ridden much ATM

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear shock install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock install   Rear shock install Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:21 am

Do it all at the same time. A few weeks won't make any difference.

lcjohnny and Andrewpatrol like this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

Rear shock install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock install   Rear shock install Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:39 pm

Andrewpatrol wrote:
I’ve ordered a new shock for bike and I’m expecting 4 - 6 week wait. My swingarm and knuckle need to be inspected for grease.

Do I wait til shock comes before grease feasta, so making it easier to install shock OR is it easy enough to fit the shock down the track and get the grease happening asap. Bike (new to me) isn’t ridden much ATM

Thanks
That's funny, I just ordered a new rear shock as well, but i did it yesterday. Very Happy
I expect that "4-6 weeks" to be closer to 2 or 3 months, but I can wait.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Rear shock install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock install   Rear shock install Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi FL what sorta weight are you? I’m a bit chubby @ 110kg kitted up (240lb) . I’ve gone for a Wilber’s so it’ll be interesting to see the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

Rear shock install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock install   Rear shock install Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:11 pm

210 without gear. That's how AF1 in Texas wants the weight information for ordering the Matris shock.
I put Wilbers on my 2010 BMW GSA when I had it, and it was SO much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear shock install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock install   Rear shock install Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear shock install
Page 1 of 1