GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GrisOuttaHere
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GrisOuttaHere

Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?   Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:55 pm

2008 GRiSO 1100

Figured it was a good idea to check in here and ask, but are there any services that should be done that aren't mentioned in the service manual? I bought the bike a couple years back and was too exited to even ask if any services were done before I picked it up. I've heard some rumblings about some extra grease points around the drive shaft that aren't in the service chart, and since I'm stuck staring at it until the snow leaves, now's probably a good time to get to them.

Thanks much!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?   Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Swing arm bearings and shock linkage if they haven't been done and I think 50,000 is a good time for an alternator belt. Maybe check steering head and re-grease or, if needed, replace.

Pete
Back to top Go down
GrisOuttaHere
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GrisOuttaHere

PostSubject: Re: Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?   Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Cheers, Pete! I'll put those on the list. I absolutely love this bike and I want this thing to run forever. Part of me would like the extra power in a 1200, but I don't think I can justify that upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?   Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Put a fatter wire between the Start Relay and the Starter Solenoid, the factory really skimped on that one use a No 16. Make sure the spade connector is nice and tight on the solenoid connection.
On the 1100 the start signal doesn't get switched through the ignition switch but the solenoid wire is really undersize, think 40 Amps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?   Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Coming up on 48000 km, what services aren't listed in the workshop manual?
Page 1 of 1