GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8

Go down 
+3
Richard
Bill Hagan
roon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:49 am

Bought a rough LM II in the late 80's and fitted dirt bike bars and took it for a 1/2 lap of Australia
Sold it after the trip
Bought an immaculate '94 NTX650 in 2015 and it is currently at Motociclo getting a tune and blue slip for rego so I can finally start riding it...
Bought a restored '70 Ambo in 2016 and have done 2 x Sydney DGRs and not much else so I will put it up for sale shortly
Bought a LMII (with Mk I front fairing) and sold it after a few months as it was only good to ride fast, like real fast...
Bought a cheap Breva with Staintunes and sold it, should have kept it as it was really nice to ride...
Soon got withdrawals and bought a cheap and cosmetically challenged Nevada IE and started looking for exhausts to make it more like a real Guzzi
So I bought another Nevada with Staintunes and this bike is really nice and smooth
Meanwhile a GRiSO or V85TT or 1400 California Touring were on the radar and all the GRiSO's that were on the market last year had disappeared and there was nothing around so I was starting to look at 1200 Sports, Moto Morinis, Ducato Monsters....things were going downhill fast....so I decided to sell the silver Nevada and same day I sold it a 2006 GRiSO 1100 appears on the market....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 am

Back to top Go down
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 am

Back to top Go down
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 am

Back to top Go down
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 am

2006 1100 with Mistral and Givi screen and only 14,000kms...

I bought it without riding it.......just chucked it in the van and took it home....

1st ride was to the local bike shop to get  Blue Slip

Got the Blue Slip sorted and went to start it and it starting spraying fuel everywhere...WTF?

Go and get the van and load the bike up and take it back to my place...

Brass T piece all of $4.99 at Autobarn...cmon Guzzi you could have used a decent T piece to begin with...

Anyway off for rego tomorrow and now the black Nevada is for sale...

cheers
Cameron
Sydney, Australia
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:29 am

Welcome (back) to Guzzidom, Cameron.  I am a submissive Guzzista myself, but am behind your eight as I have have had only had six Mandellan mistresses, with five still in the Moto Grappa. cheers

I especially liked the pic of the "parked in dirt berm" as I think that novel approach may make a center stand unnecessary.  Very Happy

As for your "cmon Guzzi you could have used a decent T piece to begin with..."  The Piaggio suits seem to have a knack for finding the cheapest little bits.  At least yours failed in an easily accessible spot.  Rolling Eyes

Seriously, welcome and best wishes for miles of smiles with your "new" GRiSO.  

Bill
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:39 am

Impressive Guzzi collection. Welcome, Bonjour  Welcome
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:07 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Roon! My first GRiSO was an '07 red one, loved it - see avatar.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 pm

G'day Cameron,

That Ambo is looking good at 'Palmy' - sorry, Palm Beach Wink

I can't see the GRiSO 'moving on' as quickly as your previous Guzzi's!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Jeez. Common as muck they are. Another one will be turning up at the Shed later this month - Cali Phil has bought Trevor's (Wardentm) 1100.

Nice NTX. Better pop into Johnny's & get an eyeful while I can.
Back to top Go down
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Richard wrote:
Impressive Guzzi collection. Welcome, Bonjour  Welcome

Not trying to impress, just giving some background on what brought me to this point.......

Got a bunch of Italian dirtbikes too....VORs, Cagiva-era Husqvarnas and BETAs (I was the Sydney BETA dealer until recently)
Back to top Go down
roon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
roon

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:38 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

I especially liked the pic of the "parked in dirt berm" as I think that novel approach may make a center stand unnecessary.  Very Happy

Bill

when the 3 trailer Road Trains are coming the other way you make sure you get off the road and wait for the dust to clear, these guys are doing 60MPH and don't stop for anything.......

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 am

^^^

Yikes! Shocked

Bill

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:14 pm

Bill, and you thought your west was wild! When are you coming down under - much education to be had!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm

^^^^^^

Yes, that passes the test for wild enough for me! Shocked

Cannot tell you how much I would love to visit you all there -- and trust all there know how welcome you'd be at the Moto Grappa at the top of Virginia.

Regrettably, my fiscal reality, while not ruling out a romp that way, is also not without right and left limit$.  Darn it.

I assure you that if wishes made travel dreams come true, I'd be there tomorrow.  

In the meantime, I'll ride and wrench here and, well, wish.  

I'll also keep the porch light on and bourbon bottles full for visitors from Down Under.   cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Well, it will be a while Bill - I am still working full time, and probably will for quite a few more years. Like yourself limits apply, and we need to work within our limits, don't we?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO is Guzzi # 8   GRiSO is Guzzi # 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO is Guzzi # 8
Page 1 of 1