GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What I did with my GRiSO today...

Go down 
+4
Richard
JohnA
Street
Steak
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

What I did with my GRiSO today... Empty
PostSubject: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Yessir, it's double-nickels for me today!

Since my partner was busy tonight, filling in for the Boy's Cub Scout meeting, we celebrated as a family last night.  If there is one thing that this podunk town is filthy with, it's good Mexican food.  So we had a nice dinner and celebration at El Rodeo, my favorite.

In lieu of birthday cake/dessert, the staff read my vibe astutely and offered up some free booze!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Celebrating with the lovely, young Addy - Who at such an age has a very fine taste in music!

And the whole clan after a fine meal ala Mexicana...

We were seated at one of our favorite tables, for the obvious reason(s)...

Today I woke up to temps hovering around freezing, but by early afternoon temps had climbed to just above 50ºF.  So I decided to celebrate my 55th by getting out on my GRiSO for a good spin.  It was the first time he's been out since I put him up for Winter some months ago.  Topped off the tires with some fresh atmosphere and fired the mighty GRiSO up.  There was a short stutter, then vroooooom, roared right back to life!

Can't think of a better way to celebrate, grinning ear to ear from the get go, the familiar pull while giving it a good twist.  It stirred my soul after too long a hibernation.  The nearest "good" roads are hours away from here, but there are some picturesque routes through the local coulees.

After a nice jaunt I decided to catch up to Starr at her work before she left for the day.  She works at the local community college where the school mascot is the venerable Viking.  So I pulled a helm off the shelf and decided to release my inner Scandi...

After walking Starrski to her car, it was back on the GRiSO to rustle up some dinner...

So it was off to the local Steakhouse (the only one in town...)

Where my GRiSO, of course, is right at home...

A quick peruse of the day's specials had me lingering on the NY Strip with abundant Brussels sprouts.  I LOVE Brussels sprouts!

First I had to slake my thirst with a nice Bombay Sapphire Gin Martini...

[Ode to Bill Hagan...]  Let's start things off with a refreshing dinner salad, smothered in Roquefort...

And then for the main course, accompanied by a nice local Cabernet.

No dessert for this kid, I've never had anything of a sweet tooth.  But I chuckled as I totaled up my tab, poetic somehow...

So that's been my first GRiSO day of 2020.  Nothing to complain about here!

Queued this number up on my helmet com during the ride.  I think it'll be my personal anthem for the year... Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:13 pm

Now that's a proper birthday, Steak! Way to go!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:29 am

Happy Birthday Steak. You look like a proper Viking in that helmet.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:26 pm

And a drunk Mexican in that sombrero!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:42 am

Happy birthday Nice Thread
Back to top Go down
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:08 am

Happy birthday, Steak! king

I have one coming up myself soon, but it's too early in the season for riding, and restaurants are closed because of you-know-what. Maybe some Indian takeaway and champagne would seem right, as things are.

Admire how well that viking helmet suits you - IS there really an inner Scandi there? Pillage!

Back to top Go down
Move Dirt
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Move Dirt

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:05 am

What a terrific birthday celebration. Took the GRiSO out for a steak. The whole 9 yards and you supplied pictures! Way to go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.movedirt.ca
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Weißgerät wrote:
Happy birthday, Steak! king

I have one coming up myself soon, but it's too early in the season for riding, and restaurants are closed because of you-know-what. Maybe some Indian takeaway and champagne would seem right, as things are.

Admire how well that viking helmet suits you  -  IS there really an inner Scandi there?  Pillage!

Indeed!  I am roughly 40-50% Norwegian... (+ a little Dutch, German, and Irish...)  Pillage! Thumbs Up

And if that ain't all, I happen to live on Viking Road...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:19 pm

Looks like a great day. Happy Birthday, and thanks for the Ghetto!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Happy Birthday Mate. The meals look great , and comparably priced to our Aussie restaurants. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I did with my GRiSO today...   What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What I did with my GRiSO today...
Page 1 of 1