GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

What did you do with your GRiSO today? Empty
PostSubject: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:53 am

Me,

I cleaned it with GT85 went around all the fixings and checked them and ran it for 10 minutes or so.

Thought about going for a ride and then ran out of time as I had to go to watch my son play footy. The amount of salt on the roads here is amazing at the mo.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:05 pm

I had the pleasure of ridin home from work at 6.15 AM. Through Taree and up the Highway. this involves crossing the Manning River 3 times and riding beside it for about a Kilometer. 2 of the river crossings are on elevated bridges, looking over broad expanses of water, the sun just coming up, the bike clean and shiny and stomping along at a bit over 5 grand in top. Pure bloody magic.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Nothing yet but a great thread title B9.  The same 'name' thread on the AF1 Aprilia Shiver forum has been running since 2009 and is now over 430 pages.Thumbs Up

Last edited by plantboy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Charlie J wrote:
I had the pleasure of ridin home from work at 6.15 AM. Through Taree and up the Highway. this involves crossing the Manning River 3 times and riding beside it for about a Kilometer. 2 of the river crossings are on elevated bridges, looking over broad expanses of water, the sun just coming up, the bike clean and shiny and stomping along at a bit over 5 grand in top. Pure bloody magic.

cheers Sounds so good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:26 pm

plantboy wrote:
Nothing yet but a great thread title B9.  The same name thread on the AF1 Aprilia Shiver forum has been running since 2009 and is now over 430 pages.Thumbs Up

Cheers PB, used on few forums I reckon. But a good way to see who is doing what and to check in. Cool
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Looked at it longingly in the morning when I went to work... And again tonight when I got home... Spring is coming... It is.. Isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Fondled and cleaned sir, or was it cleaned and fondled        Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Stared at it in loving awe......again! Spring is on the way Laughing

Damn - just noticed Guzziboy66. Cool I'm not weird!

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Rode to and from work, and really gave it some welly coming around the corner under the Princes Highway at Waurn Ponds and then blasted up the on ramp to the highway past all those so slow cars. Bliss. Sounds really good bouncing of the walls of the on ramp. The bike is also getting a workout on the weekends now as I have recently started dating again. The wonderful lady is an ex motorcyclist and loves being on the back.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:14 am

Trudged up the garden, it's cold, miserable, overcast, locked myself in the "man cave" and ran a torque wrench and a few tools over the fasteners. Wiped a few fixings down with ACF50, and just listened to the radio, drinking coffee and staring at my GRiSO, wishing the winter blues away. Now I gotta get on with the rest of my days chores. Sigh!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:57 am

I reckon there is room in the kitchen / diner for it as the garage is Bloody cold? I could get a mahoosive TV and sit in front of it on the GRiSO and you lot in warmer climes can send me youtube videos. Then I can pretend I have an open unsalted, sunny mountain road waiting, with a pub at the end, with a long cold beer and a very friendly smiling waitress...........sighs........
Checked the optimiser this morning.
Think i need to get some slabs ordered as pushing the GRiSO around on gravel in the drive is not easy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 am

Word of advice. Don't start it up in cold weather and let it idle for a bit. Idling won't put significant heat into the lump in ten minutes. All you'll be doing is puting more water into the engine which is, IMHO, a major contributor to the tappet issues some 8V's suffer.

If you don't ride in winter? Put it to bed and don't wake it up again until you are going to ride. Then thrash the clacker out of it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:47 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Word of advice. Don't start it up in cold weather and let it idle for a bit. Idling won't put significant heat into the lump in ten minutes. All you'll be doing is puting more water into the engine which is, IMHO, a major contributor to the tappet issues some 8V's suffer.

If you don't ride in winter? Put it to bed and don't wake it up again until you are going to ride. Then thrash the clacker out of it!

Pete

Thanks Pete, point noted.  'Everything or nothing' seems easy enough to remember. I did actually plan to go for a ride but ran out of time.

I normally ride winters but I think I am still in the honeymoon period with the GRiSO. It'll wear off.........
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 am

Nope, the GRiSO is hibernating until warmer climes. Then I'll poke it with a stick and hold on for dear life. Until then, I'll have to get my fix commuting on these salt encrusted, molasses shiny, diesel rainbow roads on the wee honda cd, wrapped up in my "hell's frozen over" armour.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 am

Tod. wrote:
wrapped up in my "hell's frozen over" armour.

That's all I can do as well. Have lost track of many feet of snow is on the ground. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 am

Cold in the mornings but up to 75 American degrees by noon and a cloudless blue sky. Up the Crest and then over to all the canyons that ripple thru So Cal. Checked out Agua Dulce big rocks and found a little French restaurant in the middle of nowhere. The coffee tasted like a garden hose and the eggs were burnt but the company was great! Up and down the canyons between 3,000 and 5,000 RPM, who need brakes?
Then back home by noon to listen to the bike tink and do chores.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:48 pm

When winter is over, you can get on your GRiSO and whisper to her , "your sister was better" and then see if you can hang on for more than 8 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:49 pm

That's called rodeo sex bounce
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:38 am

February 13th, -20 C, a bit nippy out !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Better go see what's happening in the garage: hush ! her Tenni Excellency is asleep !!!

It's all good, lets make sure she'll be good to go when she wakes up : battery on trickle, looks good

Give in to the repeated apocalyptic warning of oil overcooling : make baffle with same colour hues not to offend her Excellency's sense of style. Will loose the butterfly plastic wing nuts in final version.

Figured out a way of Houdini fit the Tooltube :

Try different ways of fitting fuel can for projected long trip this summer : Not bad, may have to squeeze more in tank bag.

DONE !!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:34 am

So how many bottles does is take to fill the red thing?
You would think a modern society would have bottle shops a little closer together.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Tool tube location is good!
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Bloody hellfire‼️ -20? That's a bit parky sir.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:07 am

Just 4° Celsius, but i gave GRiSO a 160km ride. Streets are dry and the heaven is blue. My fingers are cold but it warms my soul.

Take care - where ever you are

Sven
Back to top Go down
Gr8V
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gr8V

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:43 pm

I think the Temp is going to be 39 deg C over here today, lucky I'm working, a bit too warm. Hopefully it will cool down a bit when I'm on days off.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:48 pm

You sure know how to piss people off. 39c? That's unobtainable in my country. It's fucking taters here, and spring is starting to look further away from the rim of my coffee cup this morning. I need to ride a proper bike before I turn into a gibbering wreck and they put me in a rubber room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next