GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Jug protectors

Go down 
+13
lcjohnny
steveb
GuZeee
Spruce Goose
motor-timothy
moto
bioman
MalG
Pete Roper
Bill Hagan
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Clowell
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

Jug protectors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Looks like I was lucky with the pucks maybe I can machine some from delrin or the like
not that I ever want to use them again
Back to top Go down
v-mannkiel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
v-mannkiel

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:07 am

Hi Clowell - what an amazing exhaust system - where does it come from??
Greetings from Germany!
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:08 am

steveb wrote:
Looks like I was lucky with the pucks maybe I can machine some from delrin or the like
not that I ever want to use them again

They are cheap to replace, so since they seem to do the job I wouldn't bother machining some. After all, delrin would also be marred to some extent in a crash, and then you'd be replacing them!

Some have considered machining aluminum replacements, but I wonder if they might transmit too much force to the head cover.

Just my thoughts on what has sometimes seemed like an under-appreciated component.

Moto
Back to top Go down
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:15 pm

fair point Mr Moto
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:34 pm

charliebigonions wrote:
...having lowsided on a hairpin 2km out from Walhalla yesterday...

Hope you're okay too, Charlie. I don't like where this thread is going - be safe everyone!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:31 am

Street wrote:
charliebigonions wrote:
...having lowsided on a hairpin 2km out from Walhalla yesterday...

Hope you're okay too, Charlie. I don't like where this thread is going - be safe everyone!

Pete (Street)

I'm fine thanks, Street.  Leathers have a few more scuffs and oddly both knee sliders are cracked...and I need a new visor for my helmet (also odd that the helmet itself avoided obvious damage).  Mate, we are talking about 'crash bars' so it's inevitable that assorted tales of pain and damage will surface during the course of the discussion.  The only thing missing is a firepit and booze.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:23 pm

A firepit and booze - now you're talking...
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 am

I'm working on making some head protectors, i didn't think the plastic ones would hold up in a good bingle.

So far have drawn them up and had first test print in 3d. Needs slight adjustment and 2nd test fitting before production.

Also developing square barrel version, if anyone in north island of New Zealand has a spare round barrel i could borrow i would draw up and develop them too.

Christmas got in the way of development but should be underway around may or june i hope.
Yeah a little way off but cashflow is always an issue.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:17 am

Hey @Steve how is your recuperation going ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jug protectors   Jug protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Jug protectors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2