GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Please show me your tail

Go down 
+11
Kiwi_Roy
LBC Tenni
sideshowbob
2highlander
Ulf
Steak
Pete Roper
JohnA
paulbrice
beetle
kiwi dave
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

Please show me your tail Empty
PostSubject: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:08 am

I'm thinking about perhaps removing the rear fender extension, if you have a nice piece of tail please add a picture.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Kiwi_Roy wrote:
.... if you have a nice piece of tail please add a picture.

You're gonna get a rooster tail every time you ride on a wet road. Isn't this enuff?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:43 am

kiwi dave wrote:
Kiwi_Roy wrote:
.... if you have a nice piece of tail please add a picture.

You're gonna get a rooster tail every time you ride on a wet road.  Isn't this enuff?
Dave, I have a hugger that catches most of the water.
Beetle, is there anything behind the plate? looks good, that's what I'm talking about!
Do you have a plate light?

I already discarded the plastic backing plate that never matches our plates in size.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:56 am

This is the Guzitech (expensive) fitted includes indicator brackets --- not legal UK plate at 8x6 but close enough that testers ignore.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 am

This is a Spaceclam tail tidy. I bought it directly from Spaceclam, but I think GT are selling them as their own product now. Comes with two smaller brackets for blinkers.

US plates bolt right up, but I had to add some extra bits for Aus plates. Aftermarket LED light.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:12 am

Mine is just like Beetle’s. Bought it from Guzzitech a few years ago. I also bought an LED plate holder there with it. I think both ran about $200 USD. I try to avoid rain days. If I rode in the rain often, I probably wouldn’t have done it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:44 am

Yup. Mine too is one made by a young fellow called himself 'Spaceclam'. He gave it to me many years ago when I was in LA doing the job that soured my views of Eagan. Nice kid. I wonder if he ever gets a royalty for his design..........
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:20 am

For UK (not sure elsewhere) you don't need a rear licence plate light (but if you have one, it has to work), so I didn't fit a replacement one when i took rear off......
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:42 am

Thankyou Paulbrice, it looks like you have the same Pyramid plastic hugger I have
(made in England, fast delivery for anyone interested)

Beetle, thanks for the detailed under view, I can easily chew that out of aluminium using my trusty coping saw.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Spaceclam was a tinkerer, I'd guess he were some sort of perfectionist engineer.  He must've spent a month of nights calibrating and employing the absolute optimum amount of squish in each of his combustion chambers.  I recall a whole lot of machining time involved.

Don't know whatever happened to that guy.  He was never a presence over here.

I also had a "tail-tidy" at one point on my first GRiSO 1100.  It always left a road grime trail up the back of my jacket and across the length of my pillion seat whenever riding in the wet, Pacific Northwest environs (which is pretty often in Seattle...)  Also, other riders, notably Karl, often commented about the amount of road debris (sand, gravel etc) that plastered anyone following the GRiSO too closely.  And this was with a hugger in place the whole while.

I put the regular fender back on and just eliminated the rear reflector extension and called it good.

I sent the tail tidy on down to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] down in sunny so-cal.

(And whatever happened to him?  He preached the GRiSO gospel HARD, and then one day he was gone...)

- Also, moved this topic to GRiSO Inspiration as it's more form than function...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:44 am

The hugger on mine was from Skidmarx UK Ltd....only thing needed was to paint the bracket to match as it comes in bare metal Wink . Here's underside pic of the GT tail tidy

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:37 am

As you can see from Beetle’s picture, besides Paul’s, a small plate will be needed to cover the hole left where the wiring comes out for the signals and license plate light (in my case). I used a section the rear fender so the holes would line up to install it. They probably made their own since they are pretty skilled guys. I then put some silicone around it to keep any water out.
Back to top Go down
Ulf
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ulf

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:17 am

Mine looks the same as illustrated but my tail tidy bracket is just a simple piece of strip metal and the number plate holder is screwed onto that. Very simple fix, or buy one ready made.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:27 am

I didn't know Grisos to be used as dirt bikes so far ...😜
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:48 am

Worse than that, some people use them on salted roads. GRiSO abuse, bad karma.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm

2highlander wrote:

There are misguided souls who have attempted such perversions:

Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:41 am

2highlander wrote:
I don't know, I took mine up the Dempster to the Arctic Circle a couple of years back.
I made a tail tidy based on the example Beetle posted, cost me nothing but time. I will try and figure out how to post a picture from my Apple Phone to my Apple computer when I have it finished.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 1:30 pm

As promised here are a few pictures of the tail end I made from Aluminium

The spine is a piece of 2" x 1/8" bar, the light brackets just a scrap of 1" x 3/4" angle
The plate light I made recycling the lamps from an old torch (flashlight)

Last edited by Kiwi_Roy on Sat May 02, 2020 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 3:01 pm

While I have your attention I will show you a couple of recent additions
When I was last in NZ I borrowed a bike from Kiwi Dave, he gave me a decorative cover for the oil cooler, I didn't like the large holes so I made a backup plate.

Faced with all the coffee bars being closed I tried going to a drive thru, it was a bit of a struggle operating the bike and holding a hot coffee, donut and change, I ended up dropping the chance on the ground.
So I knocked up a cup holder from scrap and a bicycle spoke, folds down when not in use.
Complete with magnetic change holder.
It works a treat.

Last edited by Kiwi_Roy on Sat May 02, 2020 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Are your coins magnetic? Not silver or gold?

Neither are ours, apparently we use a copper-aluminium-nickel composition.

But they ain't magnetic.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Cred-worthy additions, Roy. +1

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 5:53 pm

That's a Nadger fest, right there.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 7:32 pm

kiwi dave wrote:
Are your coins magnetic?  Not silver or gold?

Neither are ours, apparently we use a copper-aluminium-nickel composition.

But they ain't magnetic.
Yes, all our coins are attracted by a magnet, we used to have a copper penny but that's been phased out.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Steak, I'm friends with Dungeonmaster on facebook and he still rides the GRiSO, but he now has 2 kids to look after. He has the same off colour sense of humour that I do so we swap rude jokes and memes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please show me your tail   Please show me your tail Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Please show me your tail
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next