GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Helmets.......

Go down 
+22
lcjohnny
Patlikestolean
GuzziLooper
bahamazoo
rsmike
Bill Hagan
sideshowbob
JohnA
V11
zebraranger
Steak
wyno
Street
rick pope
bioman
Papa Lazarou
Brent S
kiwi dave
LBC Tenni
MalG
beetle
Pete Roper
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

Helmets....... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is a a pretty big difference in manufacturing/quality between the $300 and $30 helmet.
I'm a frugal individual, but there is no way I'm saving a few bucks to buy a $50 helmet vs a $300 one.....Now the price/quality difference between the $300 and $600... might be pretty close.

It's like wine- the difference between a $5 bottle and $30 bottle is pretty significant, but I don't have the taste buds to say how much better the $130 bottle is...
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:58 am

FYI also looking for a new helmet, as my scorpion I bought in college has more or less aged out.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:25 pm

The SHARP UK govt helmet rating scheme is useful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:49 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
The SHARP UK govt helmet rating scheme is useful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alas they only seem to have budget to test 1 helmet per decade (okey I exaggerate) so many newer helmets are not yet rated.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:44 pm

For the last 16 years or so, all I've ever rocked have been SUOMYs. They meet the ECE standards, they are light, and they are quiet.

They're not cheap, but neither are they expensive. (And they are Italian...)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:54 pm

On Steak's recommendation, I switched to Suomy too and I love 'em!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:10 am

Just on helmets. I wear an older Arai or a Licks nov dot open face depending on mood.
I'd love to get a new full face as the Arai is showing its age, Anyone got any suggestions that matches the SE tenni green GRiSO?

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:44 am

Steak wrote:
For the last 16 years or so, all I've ever rocked have been SUOMYs.  They meet the ECE standards, they are light, and they are quiet.

They're not cheap, but neither are they expensive.  (And they are Italian...)

Unfortunately they don't seem to have a decent modular

Edit: just scored a HJC RPHA 90 tanisk! Normally 530€ but by chance I found a leftover my size at a local motorcycle store with a 55% discount! That made it almost as cheap as the budget modular i90 from HJC that I was looking at which made this a no brainer purchase. Plus I love the graphic!

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:47 pm

I've been creeping up the helmet food chain as time goes on.  Not advisable, its an expensive approach.  For full face, Lazer (Hawk, IIRC) proved to be great.  A little limited on ventilation, but fit was terrific, quiet, came with transitions face shield included. Still enjoy it.  Hmmm..on looking it up, did not realize it was that old..
Modular was required for work, so I started with a Scorpion EXO.  The latch started to get glitchy and on researching online found several reports of them becoming permanently disabled while on a person's head.  From there went to Bell SRT.  It's good, good ventilation, purchased photoreactive lens separately.  Just got it's likely replacement, a Nexx Vilitur Carbon Zero.  No time on it yet but all indications are favorable!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Then, for fun, as someone else mentioned went for something old school primarily thinking of my Victory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helmets.......   Helmets....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Helmets.......
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3