GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beautiful day in the Northwest US

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Beautiful day in the Northwest US Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful day in the Northwest US   Beautiful day in the Northwest US Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 pm

It's a beautiful day here in the NW, hottest day of the year so far topping out at 91 in the city and 97 east of the mountains. After our monthly Guzzi Breakfast in Enumclaw on Saturday Esther and I will be leaving on our Alaska/Canada tour, catching the Alaskan Ferry in Bellingham at 3:00 on Saturday afternoon and arriving in Juneau at 8:00am next Tuesday. We'll spend the rest of next week there in order to attend two days of events (July 11th and 12th) related to my latest project that we installed there last week. Then we'll catch another ferry to Haines, Alaska where we'll begin our journey home via the AlCan Highway to Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, down into British Columbia and Alberta through Jasper and Banff, and crossing back into the States around Glacier National Park in Montana and riding our favorite, Lolo Pass, from east to west for the first time.

So today we did a little warm-up ride, Esther on her California 1400 and I on the GRiSO Rosso (2007-1100). Since both bikes have just gotten new shoes and fresh fluids and the weather was perfect we decided to travel one of our go-to loops, a 300 mile round-trip over Chinook Pass to Eastern Washington, through the Yakima Canyon and back over Snoqualmie Pass. It just never gets old and being the middle of the week the traffic was extremely light. And I managed to spot the coppers before they spotted me so it was just a perfect day.

I'll write a ride report with pictures of the AlCan Tour when we get back later in July. Happy Trails!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mount Rainier

Esther arrives at the summit of Chinook Pass

Coffee stop at Snoqualmie Pass
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day in the Northwest US   Beautiful day in the Northwest US Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Very good riding.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day in the Northwest US   Beautiful day in the Northwest US Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Beautiful pictures Pete. Would have loved to have joined you guys, but moving and World Cup kept me busy all day.

Yakima River Canyon midweek, yummy!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day in the Northwest US   Beautiful day in the Northwest US Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:51 am

Street
+1 on the ride.
Love the first photo of the mountain, awesome shot.
The bikes a good as well.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day in the Northwest US   Beautiful day in the Northwest US Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Great pictures guys. The best scenery up that way. Looking forward to your pics from the Alaska adventure! I have cruised Alaska with family, but never taken the bike trek. I envy your journey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day in the Northwest US   Beautiful day in the Northwest US Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beautiful day in the Northwest US
Page 1 of 1