GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beautiful day here in Seattle today

Go down 
+2
DungeonMaster
Steak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Beautiful day here in Seattle today Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Pete (Street) and I made plans last night to shoot up to the summit of Snoqualmie Pass for some lunch today before the spring rain showers settle in for the rest of the week.

It was one of those gorgeous, temperate, Seattle springtime days that is just perfect for a motorcycle ride. Just a quick squirt eastbound on Interstate 90 to the top of Snoqualmie Pass, only 100 miles or so there and back, but that's all the GRiSO needs to stir a couple of souls.

Here are a few photos Pete shot up at the summit for some lunch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pete rolled his GRiSO over the 40.000 mile mark coming back down the mountain (minus the thousand miles or so lost to a faulty speedo/odo sensor...)

Good day for the brothers GRiSO to get out on the roads.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Love the snowbank backdrop. And 40,000 on the odo!!
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 am

Streak & Pete
Nice photo's
Any day on my GRiSO is a good day.
You'll be looking forward to more as that white stuff goes away.
Pete whats the little thing with the three lights? on top of the speedo.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:10 am

Pete is an epileptic. Those are high intensity LEDs that will activate when the bike enters the shade while riding to counteract the strobe-like effect we experience when riding in our forest twisties. It's actually quite ingenius, and very effective at eliminating optically triggered seizures.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Very cool solution. Glad you guys are getting some riding weather
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Steak,

I see you've found your new calling - as a professional bullshit shoveler! Ya Goof! Don't fall into Steak's trap, Harry. That little LED light is a visual indicator for my Adaptiv Technologies TPX radar and laser detector that mounts on the platform on the left-hand side of the picture.

Come to think of it, I haven't had a seizure since I've been using that thing...

Pete

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Ha, that's even cooler, you're going need to do a thread on setting that up pete...
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Steak
That cracked me up, your bullshit is a good bait.
You had me hook line and sinker Wink 
Thanks Pete for the explanation of the gizmo.

Harry
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:45 pm

First, the massive pile of snow that DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE MELTING threw me for a loop (You call that a good day??), then the anti-seizure light above the speedo took me over to top. I was thinking "These ghetto-dwellers are not mere mortals..." But then the punch line. Whew.

But about that "good" day... how cold was it?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Steak wrote:
Pete is an epileptic.  Those are high intensity LEDs that will activate when the bike enters the shade while riding to counteract the strobe-like effect we experience when riding in our forest twisties.  It's actually quite ingenius, and very effective at eliminating optically triggered seizures.

We don't fuck around in Seattle.  If you want to ride year 'round, you're going to have to ride in the wet and cold (not so good days.)  Warm, waterproof gear, heated grips, and a heated jacket liner makes everything groovy outside of snow and ice.  Our NYD ride out to Neah Bay can be challenging comfort wise.  A couple of years ago, the temps never got above 23℉ and that was on a 310 mile RT.

To answer your question though, yes it WAS a beautiful day.  Clear blue skies, dry roads, 66℉ in Seattle and maybe mid 40s at the summit where you see the snow.  The drifts are super high there because it's a parking lot for a ski mountain, so the plows stack it up deep.  Although those piles are mostly all the snow that has slid down off the top of the roof. That snow probably won't melt until late May or early June.  Shoot, while we were eating lunch we watched several intrepid souls climbing up the base run and skiing back down.  The lifts have been closed for weeks, but some folks still want to ski.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful day here in Seattle today   Beautiful day here in Seattle today Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beautiful day here in Seattle today
Page 1 of 1