GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

"Service" Light Won't Reset

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

"Service" Light Won't Reset Empty
PostSubject: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:19 pm

My "Service" light is on, I've looked at the codes and reset them and reset the Service light via the dash but it won't go out.

My speedo sensor has died (I have one on order) but surely this shouldn't prevent the Service light resetting (although it won't clear the speedo code)

Does it affect the running at all ?

Thanks

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:55 pm

If you have continuing faults you will have continuing service light activations.

Patience, grasshopper.
Back to top Go down
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

PostSubject: Re: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:22 pm

So "Service" means a fault code is stored ?

Why is patience a virtue, why can't hurry the f**k up be a virtue ? Wink

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:25 pm

When you say the 'Service' light do you mean the word 'Service' in big letters across the bottom of the dash? Or the spanner icon that indicates the machine has reached its service interval? If the former and you have a faulty speedo sensor or it is disconnected the fault won't clear because it is still present.

If you mean the spanner icon you clear that by going into the 'Diagnostic' menu and scrolling to 'Reset Coupon', choosing 'Yes' and depressing the button until the dash reverts to the previous menu.
Back to top Go down
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

PostSubject: Re: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:54 am

Yes the "Service" message

Thanks
Back to top Go down
jaycain
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jaycain

PostSubject: Re: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Mine would not reset either … until I rode it for a tenth of a mile or so.

Had the same speed sensor issue and decided to check for corroded connections. At the rear wheel things looked fine, so did the other end at the connection in the bezel. I used DeOxIT on all the connections and haven’t had an issue for the last 200mi. Last owner put shrink tubing on the link inside the bezel, and they are just wires, there’s no reason for this ECU error other than at the connection at the bezel in my opinion. Anyway, DeOxIT works great on my old stereos so I figured it would do a good job of cleaning and conditioning the wire connections on the bike, good stuff, hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Service" Light Won't Reset   "Service" Light Won't Reset Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

"Service" Light Won't Reset
Page 1 of 1