GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping

Go down 
+14
Salscal
Chris W
whyrichard
Oz1200Guzzi
rick pope
Dilliw
tgriff5747
tvboy
Pete Roper
Robinson_Spike
hezovka
guzziownr
beetle
Omnis
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Empty
PostSubject: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:51 am

Not sure what magic spells, incantations or other wizardry are present in Beetle maps, but the effect on performance and fuel consumption is amazing.
Here is a sampling of my 2015 Red GRiSO fueling. Admittedly the sample points on post mapping are fewer, but they are nevertheless indicative.
Obviously the numbers vary depending on the type of riding, but these are a combination of long distance, highways and urban riding.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Dee and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:14 am

Yes, it's magical. Unicorn farts, mostly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and freewaystreak like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:13 am

Take your bike to the crossroads at midnight of a full moon and bury a black cat. Now, open your laptop and run GuzziDiag. Remember to back up the stock map first...

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 am

Reading about Omnis consumption create feeling of uncompetence and envy. My is around 7 l/100 km. Ok, I am lazy to make such statistics, as usually visiting petrol station morning on way to work and I use just ECU dash board information. I will try to change it and to make notices and see.
I think, problem is on me. I used to drive in urban area and my low riding experience is shown in probably not effective riding style.
But anyhow, you have very nice consumption.

Bill Hagan and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Robinson_Spike

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:24 am

Aren’t you being selfish, I thought that Canadians were short of CO2 to feed all the trees?

I’m doing my best to feed the few trees here in England 👊🏻✊🏻💨💨

Bill Hagan and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:20 am

So I did the same like Omnis, but results are very different values. 400 km with 6.9 l/100 km at avg speed 50 km/h. Values displayed by GRiSO are more /less like this - depends on how I fill up the tank.
Close to house there is fresh opened 25 km piece of high way with no traffic, so I can ride as I wish without limitation by others. When drive 110 km/h it consume 7.3 l/100km. When slow down to 95 km/h it change to 6.3 l/100km. At these constant speed there should be no influence of my (nice called) defensive riding style. All at 28 deg.Celsius - so nice weather.
Is it still OK? When see Omnis data, I would say not. Can I do something?

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:08 am

Your figures are pretty excessive. Has the machine ever been tuned properly? What map are you running?

While ambient temperature will make a difference I wouldn't expect it to make that much difference.

My own consumption displayed on the dash is, on average, about 5.4 L/100. The reality is somewhat better working out to around 5 L/100. Bike is dead stock, (Engine wise.) apart from Arrow headers, Mistral Hi-Pipe with dB killer installed and Mark's map.

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:24 am

When bought:
- inserted db killers to GPR exhaust
- taken out Power Commander
- installed Mark's map
- set valves adjusted
- throttle body balanced
That is all regarding engine.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:22 am

You did clear the trims and reset the tps after the TB balance?
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:34 pm

Just TPS reset. Did not touch CO trim yet. OK, I will try to play with it.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:28 am

Initial CO trim was 0. As on idle it smell gasoline, I've moved it to -3. Will see on next ride.
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:42 am

My GRiSO is a 2015 Rosso SE, 100% factory properly tuned with beetle map, canister free, Shell premium gasoline, proxy little dart screen.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 pm

hezovka, I noticed you said you are using the bike's dash info for your economy figures or did I misunderstand?
On mine the in-dash fuel indicators read on the low side. Meaning the dash indicates worse fuel economy than I actually get. You might be getting better economy than you realize. Idea

Back to top Go down
tgriff5747
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tgriff5747

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:24 am

I dunno Km/Ls but I installed Mark's stock map and gained about 10mpg.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:00 am

That is amazing.
Back to top Go down
tgriff5747
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tgriff5747

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:06 am

Yeah, for what it's worth I strongly recommend them. I heard about Mark/Beetle on this forum after getting a GRiSO sort of by chance in June. The wires cost about $25 and the map was $100. I'm not good with technology and I did it no probl. Totally smoothed out the throttle, gave it a little more punch throughout, and added 10mpg. Best $125 I've spent in a long time.

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:12 am

If my math is right then I'm not far from these numbers. I've noticed a little altitude really helps as well.

It takes me a tank to go from home (500 ft) to the base of the escarpment (1,100 ft). I generally switch to regular U.S. Corn infused there as it seems to give me the best results in the hills (3,000 to 6,500 ft). I 've gotten as good as 176 miles (283km) before lighting the yellow light vs usually around 145 (234km) around the house on 90 octane ethanol free.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:05 am

I've noticed better economy at altitude as well. Riding the mountains of AZ/Utah, NM and CO I get around 50-55 mpg. At home, at under 800'-1400' asl, I do well to hit 40 mpg. This is with a stock Luigi map.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:04 pm

It takes me some days to spend tank, as I am not driving daily. Change of CO trim helped a bit and it smells much better.
But as it still spends about 1,5 l/100 km more then most of you - tank light starts after 180 km, I am afraiding there must be something else and even additional change on CO trim would solve it.
I can install back standard exhaust and order stock Mark map instead GPR, but it should not be a problem as well.
Regarding dash consumption vs. calculated I do not see major difference as once is calculated better, once not. I think it is related to volume of gasoline you fill.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Mark has helped me and send me modified map for GPR. Consumption fell to 6,3 l/100 km, but I drive almost all time out side city.
So I've taken stock exhaust (packed by previous owner to GRiSO), taken stock Mark's map and consumption is about 5,3 l/100 km -very impressive. And I must tell GRiSO now drive nice smooth.
The only negative is noise: I have feeling it is not silencer, but resonator. At about 2500 rpm it is awful. As silencer do not seems to have any extra holes I did try to fasten hose clamp as much as possible and will see. Is there a way how to break exhaust?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:54 am

For what it's worth, if you are so inclined, you can get your dash to be fairly correct - well to within 0.15 l/100 km. This is done in the map settings. I had Chinesium injectors for a while and needed to do this to satisfy my own anally retentive tendencies, got it right, then went back to the original injectors after a top end rebuild. Now the dash and my calculations from each fill up, are within a poofteenth of each other.

I currently get around 4.6 l/100 km on trips to work and back (60 km each way, 20 km stretch of freeway and only 3 sets of traffic lights AND sticked reasonably close to the posted speed limit). I would expect a little better on a trip, but around town it def gets worse - I try not to ride around town, this is not a town bike.

Oh and I have the last of the 2 valve dungers - the A2 engine.

Yahu and 49wire like this post

Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:09 pm

I must tell I am satisfied now. Consumption under 6 l/100km is fine for me. I do not need to see exact consumption.

Maybe I found reason of strange sound after installing stock exhaust: while changing sump gasket I've found on right cylinder on exhaust connection one screw is broken and second is loose + no gaskets...
I am waiting for new oil filter and will see result.
Back to top Go down
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:45 am

tgriff5747 wrote:
Yeah, for what it's worth I strongly recommend them. I heard about Mark/Beetle on this forum after getting a GRiSO sort of by chance in June. The wires cost about $25 and the map was $100. I'm not good with technology and I did it no probl. Totally smoothed out the throttle, gave it a little more punch throughout, and added 10mpg. Best $125 I've spent in a long time.

Hello,

I'd like to take a stab at this. Where do I purchase the map and the cable, and where do I download the software? I do not see any links on this thread....

thanks,
r
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think Mark also has this in the tech section of the Ghetto but this is a commonly used reference.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:19 pm

you can also hit the GRiSO.org link at the bottom of this page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next