GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping

Go down 
+14
Salscal
Chris W
whyrichard
Oz1200Guzzi
rick pope
Dilliw
tgriff5747
tvboy
Pete Roper
Robinson_Spike
hezovka
guzziownr
beetle
Omnis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salscal
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Salscal

Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:00 am

Hello all, need some advise please. I recently purchased a 2013. It has a carbon arrow slipon.
But it seams to run very lean. Pops bad during deceleration. I am not worried about fuel range.
I saw something on the net called booster plug or another fuel management system called procom both under $150. Thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am

(Sigh.) Just don't. Do a bit of research, it's been covered time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:11 pm

Popping can be caused from a few issues. Firstly, exhaust sealing. Secondly, state of tune - get the tools (Guzzidiag/cables - TB balancing kit) and learn how to use them and use them. Thirdly,when you have confirmed the state of tune, reset TPS, correct clearance on valves, cleared learned parameters and the problem still occurs, contact the knowledge on this site for further advice.

The How To for all of this is elsewhere on this site. Go searching.

Booster plugs add fuel to the mix and prevent the whole fueling system from working as designed. Maybe a new ECU map is needed - has there been an upgrade of the ECU map in the past, if so what/who?

Get it into a known tune state first, before going further. This gives a baseline from where you can proceed.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:49 pm

Maybe I just ride as a madman but I don't get much better fuel consumption than around 17km/L (with Beetle map)

If I ride 100km/h on the highway without strong wind I can get around 20.8km/L but that's not a realistic situation Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Motor Timothy - i get 15Km per litre (after a beetle map)
Not bad for a big last century engine
Maybe not so good compared to the MT07s and KTM 790s - but its my choice.

My only concern is whether the metal bits of the engine will survive the revs i am dishing out Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:05 pm

If you exercise your right hand above 5000 RPM, fuel consumption will increase horribly. Pootling along in 6th gear at 4000 will net you 18-20 km/l.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:00 am

GRiSO got 39 mpg on a trip for a burger

lcjohnny and freewaystreak like this post

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:26 pm

I also managed to finally install Marek's map and check the operation of the cables. For now, I only reset the TPS because my GRiSO was a Tennis Omnis from Canada, I haven't won the map yet because I ordered it.
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:38 pm

continued to the Termingnoni muffler. My observations are, however, that until I changed the muffler, fuel consumption was at the level of 6.5l/100km. After a short period of changing the muffler to the Termingnoni and the return the original fuel consumption remained at the level of 7.4 liters per 100 km. My question is whether a short-term repositioning of the muffler can increase fuel consumption so much, even when you return to the starting point? I will add that with There have been no changes to the map at this time, and the consumption is still the same as on the previously mentioned muffler. Deadline? so about 7.5-8.0 l/100 km???😮🤔🥺
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:14 am

Yahu wrote:
I also managed to finally install Marek's map and check the operation of the cables. For now, I only reset the TPS because my GRiSO was a Tennis Omnis from Canada,

You also need to reset the autolearning parameters. It's important.

Quote :

I haven't won the map yet because I ordered it.

Sorry mate, I am unable to decipher this bit. scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:48 am

Here, I simply missed an incomplete message when I wanted to add the next part, and the translator on my phone no longer had room for this line, so I'm very sorry and added it in the second piece of information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping   Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel consumption after Beetle mapping
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2