GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tenni Seat Mod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Tenni Seat Mod Empty
PostSubject: Tenni Seat Mod   Tenni Seat Mod Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:07 am

I was struggling with the stock SE seat this summer so I decided it was time to try another mod.  The basic issue was the heat on the left knee (discussed here somewhere).  The stock seat has a gradual rise in the rear; I could push back in the seat the to get some room from the heads but because of the slope I would end up back in the middle.  The front of the seat didn't matter because my knee would hit before I got all the way forward.

I decided to give Sargent a try at a spare seat that I had with a torn cover.    They flattened the driver's area, steepened the rear rise, and pushed it back an inch.  I also had them add their "Super Cell" foam (whatever that is)  in the driver's area only.  The bill was $264 US plus my $20 shipping to them.

The brown seat on the SE is iconic and I wanted to maintain that as best I could.  Unfortunately they didn't have a good seat area fabric that would have the brown/dark brow effect of the stock seat.  So I went for the distressed brown look that Sargent sells for the Ducati Scrambler.  It's a little more retro for sure but then the GRiSO has always had somewhat of a styling identity crisis.

I've only had time for a short ride but I believe that's going to clear my knee.  Because the driver's area is flatter you can also adjust your position some and that will help on longer rides.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JohnA, changohot and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Tenni Seat Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenni Seat Mod   Tenni Seat Mod Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Being a short-legged fucker myself, I've never had a problem with the stock seat, but it looks like you've found a good solution. May you ride in comfort!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM

Tenni Seat Mod
Page 1 of 1