GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:22 pm

And here's something to really rot yer socks.

This is the last write off GRiSO I bought. It's a NSW Statutory write off which means it can never go back on the road in Oz.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It had a hole in the rocker cover and a few scratches on the bevelbox and a busted brake lever! That's it! Oh, it had the full gamut of Guzzitech crap on it as well that we had to strip off as well. I think that was probably the reason the previous owner was so eager to have it written off, it ran like a dog! All fixed now so off to NZ it will go. It still needs a headlight but I think I'll put the one from Red Bike on it and treat Red Bike to an LED headlight.

Clancy, Rustyplover and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:08 am

That's a very tempting offer Pete. Not sure where I would hide it.
Adios
Andy
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:51 am

What of the ABS requirement for bikes heading into NZ? Was that a thing? Or is it just new bikes?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hmmm. Is the GRiSO considered a ’classsic’? I certainly think that my one is.
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:09 am

Certainly the importer I bought my GRiSO from (imported from Japan) told me he would not be importing non ABS compliant bikes as they could not be registered in New Zealand when the regulations changed.

The regulation killed any new DR650 Suzukis being sold here for that reason.

Whether there are any loopholes that allow a non ABS bikes to be registered here I don't know, It wont be straightforward though.
If someone knows a way please let us know how.

The nanny states rule.  Strangling anything innovative and different.
Not that ABS is a bad idea but we've lived without it for centuries so why is it suddenly essential ?
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:35 pm

Unhappiness. I had dreams of finally moving home to NZ and moving my GRiSO with me. I even looked up bringing your Tenni to CA Peter, but it’s in the very hard basket too. They’ll want bloody seat belts on them next. Tits on a fish.
Back to top Go down
racepics
Carlotto
Carlotto
racepics

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:24 am

Unfortunately it won't be legal here in NZ without ABS. I had to jump through these hoops when I tried to re-register my late brothers KTM RC8R after it had dropped out of the system because it was in storage for so long.
I managed to get it re-registered only because it had already been registered in NZ and was still in 'the system".
Back to top Go down
http://www.delicavan.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?   Anyone in NZ want a Tenni? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anyone in NZ want a Tenni?
Page 1 of 1