GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Was going to bleed my clutch today but it seems I either need to grow a third hand or enlist a helper to open/close the bleed screw while I work the lever?? Anyone here have tips on a good way to do this ??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Buy an in-line ball valve on line.

Like this for example

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DangWangi likes this post

Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Thanks for the link Mr. Roper. Are those pretty reliable as far as not letting air back in? It's my first time bleeding a clutch so just want to be extra safe.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:29 pm

They work fine. They're just a spring loaded ball valve.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm

I use a cable tie to keep the lever closed while manipulating the bleed screw.

Close the cable tie up around the bar grip just enough so you can slip it over the lever. Simples!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:29 am

I used the same method as Beetle but with a bungi cord. Takes some time of going back and forth but it works in the end. Take your time and don’t spill the new stuff all over. I bought a motion pro bleeder tool from Amazon for the brakes but it doesn’t work on the clutch bleeder.
There is a tutorial from motorcyclist magazine (MC Garage) on You Tube you might watch.

DangWangi likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:00 am

Speed bleeders are amazing...3 pumps and you are done with the bleed.  I installed one on my Norge clutch, SO much easier than the old method.  You can use them on brakes as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link above to the one I bought for my Norge, am guessing it's the same size for GRiSO, but double check to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand   Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch Bleed- Need a 3rd Hand
Page 1 of 1