GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

right hand TB adjust screw

Go down 
+3
paulbrice
little750
luxel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

right hand TB adjust screw Empty
PostSubject: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 am

I've read about not touching the sacred screw on the left TB but what about the nearly hidden adjust (stop) screw on the right TB? Can this be minutely adjusted for idle throttle balance?
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 am

No
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

Better to just read the tuning threads on the forum (rather than we go through this all over again). Short answer is (after valve clearance, TPS reset, shut both the air bleeds etc) to use the stop screw that is on LH or RH depending what side you all it (and not the connector rod or the sacred screw) to balance the high speed at somewhere around 4,000 rpm - I use gauges and ride around looking at balance across a range and adjust then recheck riding etc etc.....after that it's a simple adjustment of air bleed screw(only one allowed open) for fine tuning idle throttle balance; reset TPS again & Repeat as often as you want for perfection.....and if you have lambdas off there's always the CO to dick around with in the mix.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

No. Do not touch either of the throttle stop screws or the linkage rod, ever. If the bike is misbehaving in some way there is another reason.

The ONLY things you touch on the TB's are the air bleeds and the bell crank adjuster screw on the LH throttle body.

Pete
Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 1:51 pm

thanks fellas, just curious
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Good to see you pop up again here Luxel. Hoping Luxel (the dog) is still getting along ok.

- SD

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 2:55 am

I remember of having read a detailed howto concerning throttle body balancing, but can`t find it any more, could someone point me to right way please...?

When changing a map, would You always recommend balancing?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 3:23 am

Not after reflashing. Definitely after tappet adjustment.

Exclamation

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 3:35 am

Just need to search for key words and surf around a bit...here's one with Pete's description [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 3:44 am

Anytime you change a map, unless you've just done a tune up, (Yes, the whole thing!) it is best to go back to basics and start again.

I mean? How much effort is involved in checking the valve clearances, plugging in Guzzidiag and doing a TB balance?

Really though if your bike has been tuned CORRECTLY there should be no need to do anything after a remap other than clear the trims and re-set the TPS.

If though your bike has been 'Shaved Aped'? All bets are off!
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 am

The bike was serviced by Roland Däs 1000 km ago, including a special map for my BOS double gun and throttle body balancing. I have nothing to complain, the bike runs perfectly, but it takes  a good amount of fuel, consumption is about 6,3l/100 km. This alone doesn't hurt me but filling up the tank every 250 km is quite annoying. 

Now, as days get warmer here,  I have the honour to test another decent map (nah, no names who's providing this Rolling Eyes). I'm not familiar with tuner pro till now, but at a first gIimpse I saw things like fuel difference maps and if changes were made here this would mean for me a different fuel delivery for every cylinder and as a consequence at least a new throttlebody adjustment. Don't know whether my theoretical thoughts are right. 

Balancing a GRiSO sounds quite easy, but till now I only did this with my caburator LeMans 1 and this in fact is a really easy 10 minute job. For this, I use a device which measures the negative pressure DIFFERENCE. If it's zero the cylinders are perfectly balanced. 

I'm actually dealing with this subject just to satisfy my curiosity whether my GRiSO has been perfectly balanced and for the case this would have been necessary after remapping, but as you mentioned, when only remapping it's wasted time.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the link which has now found a place in my favs. 

(Gosh, hope my English was not too bad!)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 11:23 am

Your English is fine. Don't worry, there are people from all over the world here.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am

Oh, my Hindi is much more better than English *muuuaaah
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 pm

How about pegging the throttlebody balancing procedure to the also pegged maintenance schedule thread? I think this subject is sort of no1 hit on searching the forum and an exposed place could help to find this easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: right hand TB adjust screw   right hand TB adjust screw Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

right hand TB adjust screw
Page 1 of 1