GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wine racks for the GRiSO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Wine racks for the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:44 pm

When young Phil (Cali Phil, Kiwi Phil) bought his GRiSO from Trevor, it came with a couple of wine carriers nestled snugly behind the H&B pannier racks. This was a big bonus for him. Dropping the bike on Mr Bob's driveway broke one of them. Not being prepared to live without this convenience, he immediately set about making a new one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A section of plumbing pipe, an end cap, a threaded extension & cap, a jar of plastic primer & a jar of plastic cement, 3 cable ties & some Matt black paint. I'll check on the measurements & let you know, but he cut it long enough to fit a 1L bottle of Aldi's best red, cemented the end cap, cemented in the threaded piece, drilled the holes for the cable ties, 3 coats of paint. Cable tie the affair to the rack at three places. And voila - equilibrium restored. 

Screw off the end cap, wrap the bottle in some carpet underlay for protection, slip the bottle in past the indicator, and there's a brace of essential supplies hiding behind the panniers. 

I'll post the parts & an dimensions later, but Phil is so pleased with his effort, he's offered to make up some for any of you who fancy it. He doesn't like to see the excess cement, the most expensive part, go to waste, either.

MrBob, beetle, Oz1200Guzzi and odder like this post

Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:05 pm

This is impressive. I already have wine bottle holders built into my soft panniers, but there is always a need for more.

What is it about Mr Bob's driveway? Has anyone not fallen off there? I can understand Mr Bob falling off there because he has been known to forget to put his feet down when he stops. I remember fishtailing down there rather rapidly once too. But the question is, did young Phil break the wine bottle?
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Trevor from beautiful Tasmania here ...the above-mentioned previous owner of the said red 1100 ...
I cannot take credit for the subject wine carriers .....the design and credit must go to a previous poster on this site ...
It was a few years back and I jumped onto it ...
If I broke copyright at that time I apologize ...
But, they were handy.
Alas, they will not fit the new V7.
Stay safe and well all.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:46 pm

No bottle broken. It had been extinguished, fully depleted, deadened, a couple of nights before. Negotiating gravel driveways, especially Mr Bob's, is best not done with rear brake pads worn to the metal. There's just not sufficient control of the descent.

Mr Bob has, of course, fixed the problem - Scorpion Trails mounted on the Tenni.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Did some one mention Drive way affraid
Its on the List!!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:16 am

I had no issue - fair weather sailors?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wine racks for the GRiSO   Wine racks for the GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wine racks for the GRiSO
Page 1 of 1