GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks

Go down 
+4
cognosticator
b3177h
kiwi dave
racepics
8 posters
AuthorMessage
racepics
Carlotto
Carlotto
racepics

Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Empty
PostSubject: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:34 pm

I've been reading up on the luggage /pack racks that people are using. Apparently there is/was a factory grab-rail or rack attachment that some people have used.
Does anyone have a photo?
Is it any good?
I've been looking also at the Ventura system but apparently is only made to order for GRiSO's.

I don't want side bags etc, just a passenger grab-rail with perhaps a platform to fit a top box.

Cheers
c
Back to top Go down
http://www.delicavan.com
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Dunno if you can see it close enough, but I have the factory rack plus GRiSO bag on the rear. Check my avatar.
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Check this out..
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:54 pm

b3177h wrote:

Check this out..

That's one is made by Hepco & Becker.  The one I have is supposedly a Guzzi item, but probably made by some third party.

I prefer the one I have, especially as it mates to the Guzzi? tail bag.  Not cheap, and I suspect not available anymore.

However, I concede that the H&B one may take a topbox, not sure it has to be an H&B topbox, surely the Givi universal mount would work just as well.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm

kiwi dave wrote:
b3177h wrote:

Check this out..

That's one is made by Hepco & Becker.  The one I have is supposedly a Guzzi item, but probably made by some third party.

I prefer the one I have, especially as it mates to the Guzzi? tail bag.  Not cheap, and I suspect not available anymore.

However, I concede that the H&B one may take a topbox, not sure it has to be an H&B topbox, surely the Givi universal mount would work just as well.

The H&B rear rack does take a H&B trunk, they have a few different sizes. I mounted a givi plate on top of the H&B so I can use my Givi trunk I already had
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 am

I installed the Stucchi Luigi (now LGC) rack:
GRiSO luggage rack

Works well, but its pretty damn heavy and Industrial-looking....
Pretty adaptable, there have mounts for various saddlebags, and I have the Guzzi tailbag on mine.

MG Cycle usually have them, subject to the usual Italian 'casual supply chain' Razz
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am

The Guzzi OEM rack is listed as available for $160 or so at AF1:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Moto
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am

Factory rack and bag

Booze not included.
Back to top Go down
racepics
Carlotto
Carlotto
racepics

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Thanks guys, I like the H&B one as it incorporates a passenger grab rail of sorts. I might not get so many complaints of crushed boobs under braking. Pricey though, compared to the factory one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.delicavan.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 pm

racepics wrote:
Thanks guys, I like the H&B one as it incorporates a passenger grab rail of sorts. I might not get so many complaints of crushed boobs under braking. Pricey though, compared to the factory one.

What a first world problem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:25 pm

I had the Ventura rack and Mistral bag. it was cavernous and waterproof, and served me well. I'd say it was the easiest luggage system I've had through the last 20 years. Let me know if you need photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks   Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pack / Luggage /Top-box Racks
Page 1 of 1