GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Trottle body sync.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:32 am

G'day Guys,
I've got a bit of a problem.
I've just done a service on my GRiSO 8v and I've completed it with a throttle body sync.
When I went to reset the TPS I've found that that the computer does not want to connect with the bike.
The pop up window says it's searching for a driver for the USB .
The cables ETC are from London Electric and I've used them before with this laptop with no issues.
Any suggestions?
Also, what am I going to experience on the bike until I find a way to get the TPS adjustment done?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:54 am

Have you selected the correct model and ecu?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 am

What Pete said and....I’m sure others with way more experience will be along to comment but, I had better success with V 4.7 of Guzzidiag than 4.8
Early on in connecting, which for me was just this year, it took me about 3 tries until it decided to work.
So I’d look at the settings like Pete recommended and try it again and unplug and maybe again. I remember writing to Beetle that third time was a charm.
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Yeah, I've selected Griso1200 8v and it's come up with IAW 5AM PF2C in the ECU information window.
What are the consequences of riding the bike before I get the TPS issue sorted?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:22 pm

You might suffer from a high idle would be the main one but it won't perform optimally.

Have you selected a com port? Usually it'll be the highest number.
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
You might suffer from a high idle would be the main one but it won't perform optimally.

Have you selected a com port? Usually it'll be the highest number.

Ok. Thanks for that.

I was not able to select a port. Port 3 was the only option.
I'm doing a bit of a clean up on the computer, seems to be running a bit slow.
Also shifted Guzzidiag to a folder and will try it from there rather than from the desk to where it was previously.
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Success!!!
As well as a bit of a computer clean up I downloaded a fresh copy of Guzzidiag and driver,
moved them to a folder instead of running from the desk top, hooked it up and all good.
TPS reset to 4.8.
Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:26 am

Two wins! You got Guzzidiag working and cleaned up your computer to boot. I run mine from the desktop-FYI. There is always a little voodoo when a computer is involved with a program someone created special.
Back to top Go down
GRD
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GRD

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:21 pm

I think there's more than a little voodoo with computers, for me anyway.
I was really pleased I got guzzidiag to work. It's the only reason I keep the old laptop. It would be a bit of a pain to have to unhook the desk top an take out to the garage.

I was over the moon with the difference the balancing made to the ride.
The balance was obviously a bit out previously because after I re-balanced I didn't have to open either of the air bleeds for idle balance. Also the TPS read 5.2 prior to resetting it to 4.8.

The bike felt noticeably smoother especially at lower speeds and revs on the first ride yesterday.
The only thing I did notice is that at a long wait at lights and a train crossing the idle did become a bit lumpy, even though at normal temps 60*C - 90*C it is quite smooth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trottle body sync. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trottle body sync.   Trottle body sync. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Trottle body sync.
Page 1 of 1