GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New? Sort of...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

New? Sort of... Empty
PostSubject: New? Sort of...   New? Sort of... Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:54 pm

I am the second and fourth owner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Why the 8V exhaust on the 4V bike?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The guts of the '07 stocker were loose in the bore
Someone tossed the "ugly" old 8V stock exhaust so it was sitting on my shelf.

I am trying to fund a Corbin seat so if you have Facebook, do a search for Guzzi GRiSO to see the odds and ends I have for sale. I'll post them here as well.

Apart from bolting on the 8V style Muffler I removed the Onur 20 MM risers and the bar-end mirrors.
For the bar-ends I pulled a set from a Cali 3 out of the box-of-munt and ground them to size throwing sparks just like the guys on Youtube!

It probably definitely needs tires, a new battery and fresh plugs but at 14K miles it still has a lot to give.

It has a Wilburs aftermarket shock. Does anyone know if these are height adjustable? I had a Stelvio shock on my last GRiSO and I liked the way it balanced the bike by weighting the front end.

DW
Back to top Go down
Guzziholic
Carlotto
Carlotto
Guzziholic

New? Sort of... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New? Sort of...   New? Sort of... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Ugly OEM exhaust? That's a personal taste thing. Careful, you risk offending the purists.

Personally, I like the exhaust as it came from the factory. You will NEVER see a muffler like it on any other bike. Also, you might consider that Grisos are getting old. They will soon be collectable classics and everyone knows that a stock standard classic bike is worth more than one with  aftermarket exhaust mufflers.
I want one for my bike, but the previous owner butchered the mid pipe and the footrest hanger/exhaust bracket, so going back to the OEM exhaust isn't such a simple matter for me.
Here's my baby wearing Ducati Termignoni pipes................

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

New? Sort of... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New? Sort of...   New? Sort of... Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 am

Nice pipes, is that a GIVI screen?

The Corbin seat is a peach and my Stelvio shock arrived from Germany. Plan to swap shocks tomorrow or the next day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New? Sort of... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New? Sort of...   New? Sort of... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New? Sort of...
Page 1 of 1