GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My dream bike dream is on the line here!

Go down 
+10
usedtobefast
Steak
Grisonut
Holger
Ditchfinder
Gunnar
Oz1200Guzzi
lcjohnny
Street
Mattsway
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

My dream bike dream is on the line here! Empty
PostSubject: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Evening peeps! I am a long-term admirer of your Grisos and would love to join the flock one day when I can intercept sufficient cash, so...
I've read it's a long reach to the bars and wonder if my 5'7" frame (30" inside leg) is going to get me there whilst maintaining a reasonably upright position?
Am I in or out 🤪?
Thanks, Matt.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome, Matt! My dimensions are about the same as yours and I find the GRiSO fits me quite nicely. A lot of the taller folks complain about feeling cramped and resort to lowered foot pegs to create more legroom, but I haven't had a need to go that route.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Steak, Bill Hagan and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Welcome Matt? 😂😂😂
Thank you so much for such a fast response, especially as my dreamr remains alive ! There are a few 1100's for sale that are nearly within financial reach. With reviews always referring to the long wheelbase, I thought the bars would be a problem. The weight should be fine as I used to own and enjoy a Z1000J2 when I was a lad, back in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Welcome Matt
Jon from Bristol I am 5'9" and 29 inside leg the GRiSO fits fine the reach to the bars is not unatural just different to some Smile
Used to be a Londoner long ago Smile
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Matt, Like all bikes, rider position is the key to enjoyment. There are more than enough options to get it just right for you. I have a Sport and the bars were a long way off - I'm a shortarse, just for the record. 20 mm spacers under the handlebars is just right for all day riding, for me.

First get one, then plan your relationship, for long-term enjoyment.

Remember she'll be your Italian mistress, so gee-gaws need to be appropriate and tasteful!

Oh, and welcome...

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 am

Great news, thanks all! I'll get on with mining the site for relevant info - buying and maintaining. Feasting on the pics should keep me happy through Christmas and New Year 😍

Back to top Go down
Gunnar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Gunnar

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 am

Hi Matt,

I drive a GRiSO 1200 since june this year. I'm about your size and knee angle is not a problem form me, but when switching from my 1200GS I always find myself searching for the pegs at quite the wrong spot.

Riding position is critical, you will notice a difference of 1-2 centimeters of handlebar height/position. Original setup is clearly to much forward oriented for my comfort. Then again: Its not unusual tha one individual have 2 cm longer arms than another, so no rule is applicable here. The speed is another factor to consider. Riding with no windshield and standard bar eqilibrium occurs at around 100 km/h in my case. With a flyscreen maybe att 120.

With 20 mm spacers at the upper yoke, and a small windshield I find highway speeds (110) a okey.

Now I search for either a higher handlebar or some kind of upwards-backwards arrangement of around 40-60 mm - I am happy for links to relevant places in this forum from you that have travelled this long and winding road.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:05 am

5'7" and 30" inside leg here and no problems here either. Plenty of room to move around and not a stretch to the bars for me. Hardest thing for me is getting the side stand down whilst seated on the bike as it's quite a way forward.

Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:07 am

Oh and red's not my colour but this looks tidy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:36 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:11 pm

Same here... 5'7 with 29 inseam length.
While I'm not flat footed, I can handle the GRiSO just fine.
Once you get rolling, you'll find out that we have the correct size for the bike ergo.
Knees and arms are at the correct position IMO but I realize that it's all subjective.
In the mountains, I typically ride the GRiSO all day long (7am to 5pm) with only two stops for gas and food and I'm perfectly fine by the end of day with a huge smile to boot!
On the Interstate though, you get the routine/monotony working against you so no matter what bike I ride, I'm subject to a stiff neck and hands so I always welcome a refuel stop.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:29 pm

I think yours are the dimensions for whom the bike was actually designed. Us longer fellows have to fold up a bit, but it's a gleeful folding. Kind of like Origami.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:38 am

Mattsway wrote:
Evening peeps! I am a long-term admirer of your Grisos and would love to join the flock one day when I can intercept sufficient cash, so...
I've read it's a long reach to the bars and wonder if my 5'7" frame (30" inside leg) is going to get me there whilst maintaining a reasonably upright position?
Am I in or out 🤪?
Thanks, Matt.

Check out this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can compare the GRiSO to other bikes you've had to see the ergo differences. And then you can change handlebar rise to see what amount makes what change.

Funny thing, it is very close to a Honda VFR800 which lots of folks talk about being a great sport touring bike.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:19 am

Welcome.
I reckon you'll love this power sports cruiser. Im 183cm and I have put on a more forward set of bars. Im also considering getting another one and making it into a sports bike with clipons.
I think the standard ergo setup is pretty spot on for your size and don't worry about the weight or wheelbase as thats part of the secret to guzzis, they hold their weight well and the wheelbase is no problem through the twisties. In the hills here we have some spirited rides and I had no problems keeping up with a bunch of race rep sportsbikes. Enjoy.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:40 am

Hey Matt if you're still looking there's a minty looking 1100 for sale in Runcorn for less than £5Kon here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:26 am

At 5ft 10" I find the footpeg height and position is right for me.
To get the handlebars to a comfortable position I rotated them.

There is a country wide 100 klm limit here so 110 is all you can get away with
thus an upright riding position is how I ride. If you were riding at higher speeds
then crouching would involve more thought on handlebar position.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:03 am

there's nice unmolested 1100 on the book of faces in the UK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:31 am

5'6 and 29" inseam. I cannot flat foot on both sides but still comfortable. The only issue is trying to reach the side stand before riding which is still no big deal for me. Love my GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:53 am

Thank you all so much for taking the time to check in and offer the first hand experience I was asking for. I'm still shielding my son who is Group 4, here in the UK. Should be getting the Pfizer jab for him this week. Last year was ruined for biking, but what better way to bounce back than with my first Guzzi, a GRiSO! Having said that, I've seen some pretty perfectly formed T3's and G5's on my virtual window shopping trips 😁👍
Back to top Go down
Mattsway
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mattsway

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Ditchfinder wrote:
Oh and red's not my colour but this looks tidy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I prefer the black, but the red is by no means a no-no. Hmmm, 11 previous owners - isn't that quite a lot?

The minty one went, but they're coming up for sale at a reasuring pace and I won't be out and about until late May.

Any more heads-ups greatly appreciated . Matt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dream bike dream is on the line here!   My dream bike dream is on the line here! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My dream bike dream is on the line here!
Page 1 of 1