GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dream Screen South Limited Hugger

Go down 
+3
lcjohnny
JohnA
ReneS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ReneS
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ReneS

Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Empty
PostSubject: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:21 am

I just installed my rear hugger.
I ordered this via Ebay from Dream Screen South Limited. I chose the gloss carbon fiber. Looks good and fits well.
To get a bit of unity, I have now also ordered the front fender extender in carbon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:35 am

I have a similar looking one like many others here but mine mounts to the reaction rod and yours seem to mount to the shaft.
Back to top Go down
ReneS
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ReneS

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:24 am

JohnA wrote:
I have a similar looking one like many others here but mine mounts to the reaction rod and yours seem to mount to the shaft.

Well seen, this is mounted on 1 bolt of the final drive.
Personally, I like this solution better. At the bottom left it is mounted on the shock absorber bolt with an angle bracket. The Hugger now makes the same movement as the rear bridge
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:45 am

If you carry a pillion or big loads the hugger can hit the seat base - ruins the gloss carbon finish Sad .

Check you have clearance or fit a higher rate rear spring
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:37 pm

This looks very similar to the one sold by one of the big suppliers back in the day, Agostinis maybe? I had one for a while but wasn't a huge fan and on-sold it. If I remember correctly there was a problem with one of the brackets cracking? The bottom one I think? So keep an eye on it. My Yellow Bike now has a 'Shock Sock' to keep the crud off. Red bike has a Stucchi hugger, (Simply because it came with it fitted.) which is one of the ones that mounts to the reaction arm. It hasn't caused any issues but I keep an eye on it.

Hadn't heard about them biffing the under-seat at full compression! Duly noted!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:08 pm

Think you're talking about SkidMarx one Pete .........I had one that broke on corner of the bracket that fixes to the rear CARC joint bolt (just fatigued through). To be fair I got a replacement from them for nominal fee & it's been fine since (although it does rub the reaction rod).
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:33 pm

I think you are correct.
Back to top Go down
ReneS
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ReneS

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:15 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I think you are correct.
When I look at the photos I also think it is a Skidmarx.
We'll see how good this one is.
It looks nice and the mounting looks good too.
With a little adjustment it goes just past the reaction arm.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:44 am

Mine is/was the same as yours bottom mount is a plate attaches to the pivot block mount on the bottom of the swing arm.
It was never bashed or rubbed by the previous owner of 5 years.
After I fitted a re-sprung Stelvio shock that was never going to happen.
Tried a carbon fender extender but couldn't get the bugger to fit no matter how I manipulated it.
Ended up with one of those cheapy Pyramid plastic ones fitted absoloutely perfect, blah!

Hugger fitted to that bottom mount Wink
Back to top Go down
Gunny
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gunny

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:55 pm

This is the one i ordered at Skidmarx, mounting looks the same but the form is a bit different on the left side. Mounted since 2 years, no issues since that time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Screen South Limited Hugger   Dream Screen South Limited Hugger Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dream Screen South Limited Hugger
Page 1 of 1