GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO LEDification

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
motor-timothy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:27 am

Sooo I spend the last 6 weeks or so fixing my GRiSO. New dash, new rear fairing, starter problems solved, new throttle cables aaaaand as all the essential stuff was done I finally got around to installing a new LED headlight plus a set of LED indicators!

The result:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In action:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by motor-timothy on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:35 am

I don't know how my cat snuck in there Surprised

The led indicators are Oxford Nightriders, EU approved not too expensive and I think they fit the GRiSO well looks wise. They also came with 4 resistors but to my surprise I didn't need those at all!
However the thread of these indicators (as with most/all aftermarket indicators) is too short to fit directly in place of the old indicators for the front. I therefor sourced a set of fairly expensive (30€ for the pair) aftermarket triumph indicator adapters which I fitted to the front. They are pretty much a perfect fit.
For the rear the thread length is sufficient but I cut off the base of the stem of the original indicators and used those as an adapter to mask the empty space that would otherwise be visible.

The headlight is an EU approved JW Speaker 8700 evo pro 2 for the jeep wrangler, mounted in a motodemic GRiSO specific shell.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Looks good & front adapters are similar to custom GRiSO ones from Officine08...was the headlight a straight fit in original shell or did you need to drill/modify ?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Straight fit in theory. In practice it took some cursing and a wrench wrapped in cloth to use as a lever to force it between the bike's mounting points as the motodemic bucket was just <1mm too wide. Scraped off some paint at the mounting points but that's not visible with the headlight mounted.
In addition the wiring done by motodemic was US specific so I had to redo that partially to make the daylight running function.

Edit: I misread. I thought you meant fitting the headlight between the front forks. I used a motodemic headlight bucket not the crappy plastic original one, so don't know if the led unit will fit the original bucket. I suppose it can with normal clips. However I must say it was a nightmare making the unit fit in the motodemic shell which was designed for this led unit. It took me 2 hours and bleeding fingers. I would be hesitant to try it with a shell not designed for it.

I didn't know there are custom GRiSO adapters available unfortunately. Is Officine08 a member here?

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:09 pm

Hm. I just splurged for the whole motodemic setup (non-adaptive). Sounds like I need to gird for a fight. Fitting, as I just found two bolts on the left heel guard are stripped. gr.
Also have LED turn signals inbound with harness adapters- where are the terminal connections?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:59 pm

Front side they are inside the dash cover. Rear side they are under the seat all the way at the back, just behind the seat lock.

I hope you'll have an easier time installing the motodemic headlight. I only bought the bucket plus adapter cable from them and the led unit locally as their version is the US one which isn't road legal here. So that may be why I had some issues (also, never done this before and there were no instructions)
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:35 pm

motor-timothy wrote:

I didn't know there are custom GRiSO adapters available unfortunately. Is Officine08 a member here?

FYI: Officine08 Adapters
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:10 pm

I quite like those blinkers (winkers...teehee!).

Thumbs Up

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Tinkers have blinkers but wankers get winkers?

Ill-advised of me to play word games outside of one's own realm, but... Cool

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 pm

I've never heard turn indicators referred to as "winkers" until I clicked on the Officine08 link. It made me giggle.

Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:31 am

The 'flash your winker' or 'show your semaphore' debate was way too long ago for (most of) us...and probably get arrested for flashing your winker these days !

odder and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:51 am

Oxford Nightriders also work without ballast resistors... so that is good.

I have mounted the front by cutting the base off the originals and cutting an 8mm thread in the plastic, it seems to work ok but does not as good as yours.

@motor-Timothy was it these indicator adaptors [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If so which variant.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:24 am

lcjohnny wrote:
Oxford Nightriders also work without ballast resistors... so that is good.

I have mounted the front by cutting the base off the originals and cutting an 8mm thread in the plastic, it seems to work ok but does not as good as yours.

@motor-Timothy  was it these indicator adaptors [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If so which variant.

Yes those are the adapters. You need the M8 variant (A1)
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:07 pm

The plastic chrome is starting to peel off my '07 headlight ring so that steel headlight looks attractive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO LEDification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO LEDification   GRiSO LEDification Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO LEDification
Page 1 of 1