GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beetle Map Possibilities

Go down 
+4
Pete Roper
beetle
paulbrice
Edown101-23
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

Beetle Map Possibilities  Empty
PostSubject: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:05 am

I've been talking to Mass Moto, and they can make a full titanium exhaust for my 1200 8V SE. Is there a Beetle Map for that exhaust? I am mostly doing it for the look and sound of the titanium, but the weight and running right always helps. Lol.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 am

I'm guessing Mark will answer the post but otherwise the 'process' would be to ask on the link below [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & fill out the form...Request a map

Edown101-23 likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Hard "no".

No

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:54 pm

beetle wrote:

Hard "no".

No

Welp! One could always hope.....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:13 pm

If you were going with a full Arrow Ti exhaust, I could help. I’m not impressed with either of the Mass Ti zorsts.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:45 pm

beetle wrote:

If you were going with a full Arrow Ti exhaust, I could help. I’m not impressed with either of the Mass Ti zorsts.

I looked at the Arrow as well. But what's not to like about these welds? I also like the new route. They can also tailor the piping sizes to the muffler configuration so a one off can be achieved, but with the proper flow. (According to them)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:13 pm

So you can't do the valves easily with it installed. Possibly makes changing the oil filter impossible and brings a lot of heat closer to the ECU. Doesn't look like the wisest system to me.

Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
So you can't do the valves easily with it installed. Possibly makes changing the oil filter impossible and brings a lot of heat closer to the ECU. Doesn't look like the wisest system to me.

Didn't think about that. But that is also why I posted the pics. I want to be talked out of it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I agree Pete - it also heats the belt drive and the sump (even when stationary)

But unless we go back to the wide loopy 850T exhausts - they all do that and at least this attempt has equal length headers! ....

.,,,,But too many wrongs for that one right Sad

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Different length headers can de dealt with. That's what the delta correction does.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:25 pm

It does clear the oil filter. That’s not a problem. I suspect the heats no worse than the Arrow Ti headers as far as the ECU is concerned. However, it’s this bit that’s an issue. Say goodbye to your torque.

In GRiSO we trust!

Edown101-23 and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:49 am

If you have to get rid of the original pipes Crying or Very sad

I think i would prefer the sport/stelvio pipes to that one and they would reduce sump and ecu heating (and cover the side stand bracket)
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:15 pm

Yuck!

Obviously, there are no Italians working at Mass Moto.  Style looks more Main Street Plumbing than sexy design studio... The pipes under my kitchen sink have more visual appeal than this.

I vote for abomination.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 pm

Steak wrote:
Yuck!

Obviously, there are no Italians working at Mass Moto.  Style looks more Main Street Plumbing than sexy design studio...  The pipes under my kitchen sink have more visual appeal than this.

I vote for abomination.

You must have superior skills! Please show YOUR titanium exhausts available for purchase. While you're at it, tell us your Italian company name as well. I'll wait a little while for credentials and work proof. You must have years of titanium welding exhaust experience to show us.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Easy Trigger...

(I've only banned one person in the 8 year history of this board. Settle down.)

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:10 pm

But what's not to like about these welds?

well they look a little 'cut and shut' to me. I'ts been a while since I did welding shop class.....but....

and yes I know tit welding is a skill set on its own.

each to his own, but I don't see beautie there.

And while I haven't been under Steaks sink, I heard

I'll be here all week, something about veal...
Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Steak wrote:
Easy Trigger...

(I've only banned one person in the 8 year history of this board.  Settle down.)

Just giving you a little s*** man. I'm just kidding. Like I said I want to be talked out of it. I went with the Arrow titanium headers instead. I want to be able to use a Beetle Map, and my Mivv titanium & carbon fiber muffler.
Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:57 pm

I think the Arrow titanium headers will go with my muffler and carbon fiber bits. The factory stripes were coming off so I even changed them to carbon fiber vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:01 pm

Edown101-23 wrote:
The factory stripes were coming off so I even changed them to carbon fiber.

I had to to make a second post to upload the pic.

Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:06 pm

I wish there was a way to get the muffler on the other side to open up the exposed side of the wheel better.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Edown101-23 wrote:
I wish there was a way to get the muffler on the other side to open up the exposed side of the wheel better.

It can be done. However if you go over/beside the CARC, you will run out of room and your boots will start melting - it just is too tight for that approach.

If you go under the CARC, there should be no issues, though it will be a custom pipe job. Pat might chime in?

Whatever you do, leave the pretzel in or you will lose you bottom-end and midrange torque.
Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Edown101-23 wrote:

It can be done. However if you go over/beside the CARC, you will run out of room and your boots will start melting - it just is too tight for that approach.

If you go under the CARC, there should be no issues, though it will be a custom pipe job. Pat might chime in?

Whatever you do, leave the pretzel in or you will lose you bottom-end and midrange torque.

The pretzel is one thing I learned to keep. I plan on using the Arrow titanium headers with the stock midpipe, as the Arrow midpipe takes away the pretzel unfortunately. I wish there were some dyno charts posted for different exhausts so that changes could be seen/proven.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:09 pm

I use the Arrow midpipe on my GRiSO. The Arrow midpipe doesn't have as much pretzeling as the stock unit, but it can be made to work. I have some tricks up my sleeve.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Don't believe dynos - simply put you would have to have a pile of exhausts on hand on the same day on the same dyno, on the same bike, on the same map, to be of any real use.

Many here do not believe a dyno run proves anything. You can get them to show what you want in reality.

Go for a proven flat-torque approach, with a number of different mufflers. This has been done by Beetle and Roper-San over many iterations of different exhausts - that is why each of them has a Unique map. It's all about rideability, not about many hundreds of HP one can get from a GRiSO. Make it ride well and you will smile, often giggle even.

Getting any more than a few extra HP in the 8V GRiSO is futile, despite claims, as the engine design does not really respond to tweaks. Just ride it.
Back to top Go down
Edown101-23
Carlotto
Carlotto
Edown101-23

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:27 pm

beetle wrote:

I use the Arrow midpipe on my GRiSO. The Arrow midpipe doesn't have as much pretzeling as the stock unit, but it can be made to work. I have some tricks up my sleeve.

Beetle, do you suggest then that I go ahead with the Arrow midpipe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map Possibilities    Beetle Map Possibilities  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beetle Map Possibilities
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next