GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tires, suspension, grease

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Tires, suspension, grease Empty
PostSubject: Tires, suspension, grease   Tires, suspension, grease Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Finally getting rid of the stock Metzeler's. Figured as long as I'm at it might as well grease the swing arm and shock linkage, and upgrade the suspension. Ordered a rear Matris shock and fork cartridges. The rear has 5mm length adjustment. Going with conti sport attack tires. Should be a red rocket, if the rider doesn't run out of talent.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Tires, suspension, grease   Tires, suspension, grease Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Sport attacks are grippy as all get out but I had trouble getting 5,000km out of a set! I've gone to the Road Attacks this time around and the wear is greatly reduced but I've not noticed an appreciable loss of grip.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Tires, suspension, grease   Tires, suspension, grease Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:07 am

I've had both Contis... the Road attack gets me about 3000 miles while the Sport is gone at 2200 miles. lol
I only ran the Sport Attack once...while it was short lived, it's the best one that I ever mounted on this bike in terms of street performance.
So I love them as they stick really good but shit, I've got to find a tire that lasts a bit longer...

I'm trying the PR5 Michelin at the moment only because they came on a set of Mag wheels that I found for an awesome bargain on E-bay. I scored on that one! Got lucky...
I was told that they have less than 500 miles on them and it looks about right, judging by the thickness of the rubber with its factory little spikes from the mold and of course the huge chicken strips. Obviously, the owner of the totaled Breva those wheels came from, wasn't a jolly rider. lol
The PR5 feel good so we'll see how long they last...

You will love the Contis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tires, suspension, grease   Tires, suspension, grease Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tires, suspension, grease
Page 1 of 1