GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!

Go down 
+10
Kel
Street
GreyGyr
lcjohnny
Evilgarfield
LBC Tenni
rick pope
sideshowbob
beetle
Oxpot
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Oxpot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Oxpot

An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Empty
PostSubject: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 am

I first set eyes on a GRiSO back in 2008 when my wife and I were parked up on our Triumph Sprint next to one on the Plymouth to Santander ferry (in that there Europe).  I've got to get me one of them, I thought.  At the time they were too expensive, but I proomised myself I'd get one when they were selling for £3.5K. Fast forward to last week and I was helping a friend decide on what his next bike should be and I suggested the GRiSO and sent him a pic. That set me off, so I looked on th'Interweb and found a 2007 4v for the magic £3.5K, phoned the seller and picked her up today.  At the minute, she's a guilty secret.  I only just bought a new bike 10 days ago so I'll have to break the news to 'er indoors gently. Oh and sell a bike so that I've got room in the garage.  Very Happy

Steak, LBC Tenni, Bill Hagan, Weißgerät and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 am

cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oxpot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Oxpot

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 am

I bought the bike off Mike Fry, Beetle. He used to live in Oz and he put your wizardry on the ECU. And the pics will come. It's a black '07 4v. I'm sure you've seen one before. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 8:50 am

Well, I saw it when Mike owned it, therefore....

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 10:02 am

I'm sure she will say, let's enlarge the garage so you can keep all your bikes!

Bill Hagan, Weißgerät and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 10:53 am

Or, if you're REALLY lucky, she'll let you keep one in the entry. We sometimes do that, at my wife's suggestion. Her favorite is the Henderson.

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 3:24 pm

A well secured plastic shed in the yard can offer good protection too, for bikes other than GRiSO. cheers
Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2021 4:14 pm

beetle wrote:

cheers

This!
Welcome to the club!

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2021 2:40 am

Welcom Oxpot

From another blighty-GRiSO
Back to top Go down
GreyGyr
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GreyGyr

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Good morning here from the Nortside side of the alps
bought a nine year old GRiSO 850 in Red, reactiveted the bike, have now the first 500km on it.
Love it

Weißgerät and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Beautiful!
GRiSO are rare where I live, 1100 even more but I've yet to see a 850 in real life. Would love to ride one back to back with my 1100.  Are you far from the Swiss border and the Basel area? Wink

Edit: saw that you are form bavaria. Maybe a bit far Smile
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 11:28 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Oxpot!

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 11:53 am

I'm with Garfield, I'd love to ride one back to back with my late model 1200. In any case, if an identical unit became available here I think I'd have to go for it.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 12:06 pm

There's also "we have a map for that" on GRiSO.org
Back to top Go down
BigTime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BigTime

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2021 5:46 am

Herzlich Willkommen - mein erstes Motorrad war eine schwarze GRiSO 850.

Markus
Back to top Go down
GreyGyr
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GreyGyr

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2021 5:54 am

Danke Markus, ist meine zweite Guzzi, die erste ist ne Bellagio
Gruß Reiner
Back to top Go down
Oxpot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Oxpot

PostSubject: Am I valid now? ;-)   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Wed May 26, 2021 3:22 am

So here she is in all her glory. First ride of my ownership and within 5 miles the speedo started playing up and then stopped working altogether. Various warning lights came on, just to give me that special feeling of owning an Italian v-twin! I can live with such foibles, I owned Ducatis for 20 years![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Weißgerät likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Wed May 26, 2021 5:15 am

Speed sensor on the CARC on rear wheel at top where rear brake connects is usual suspect & usually caused by wet weather....there are some threads on silicon repair here somewhere...

Oxpot likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2021 7:05 am

Welcome aboard mate. Gutsy play with your significant other - she may well inform you that your salad is in the oven!
Back to top Go down
Oxpot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Oxpot

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2021 7:48 pm

BowraBoy wrote:
Welcome aboard mate. Gutsy play with your significant other - she may well inform you that your salad is in the oven!
It's not the first time. It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! Besides, this bike is an investment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!   An itch that only took 13 years to scratch! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

An itch that only took 13 years to scratch!
Page 1 of 1