GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Parting thoughts

Go down 
+5
moto
Richard
Leone
Steak
lcjohnny
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Hi am thinking of parting with my 1100. Have always wanted a 850t t3 wire wheeled round head 850. Not enough room in garage so something needs to go. You know what it is like when you have a nagging idea. Pity just when had GRiSO serviced and linkages done.
Only 10k professionaly remapped and temi exhaust.
Ideally would have held out for a swap but would appreciate thoughts on what I should ask if sell.
Thanks Peter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:39 pm

wow that is clean -how many miles?
Back to top Go down

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:35 am

10k something. Not sure what price to ask. Not greedy but don't want to give it away.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:07 pm

But in 25 years, the GRiSO???

Who can predict, but I can imagine few Guzzis of the GRiSO's era that will be more desirable.

Consider: "I've had it since it was new" or "My dad bought it new, and it's been mine for the last ten years..."

The T3 is a classic, but it's just one in a string of Tonti iterations. The GRiSO will always stand alone.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

LBC Tenni and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Tough call. That color combo with the 1100 jugs is such a stunning bike, so much class. I wouldn't give it away, either (besides, the fellow willing to pay will often take better care of the machinery). However, IMHO the bike is worth simply enlarging the garage or whatever it takes to keep it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:44 pm

@steak : I agree 100% Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Sunbeam wrote:
Hi am thinking of parting with my 1100. Have always wanted a 850t t3 wire wheeled round head 850. Not enough room in garage so something needs to go.

I have an T3 wire wheeled roundhead 850, and a black GRiSO 1100 just like yours. I found that the best thing to remove from the garage is any cars. How about that idea?

Moti
Back to top Go down

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:19 pm

I currently have 3 bikes which is manageable. I just can not justify any more bikes or spending especially when I need to budget for a replacement adventure bike later in the year. To be honest I would be just as happy putting off parting until next year.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:59 pm

Keeping a bike because you think it might appreciate in value is a fools game. I could have bought all sorts of muscle cars when I was in high school, but if I would have invested in a stock index fund, I could buy many more now. BUT, you can't throw a leg over a financial statement and lean in the corners.

It's a decision only you can make. There's more to life than money. But I vote for the bigger garage. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:15 am

Who said anything about appreciating value? Certainly an idea NEVER entertained by a Guzzi owner. It's more about holding onto what might be the "cooler" motorcycle as the bike, and owner ages.

I cast a vote for the GRiSO over a t3.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Steak wrote:
Who said anything about appreciating value?  Certainly an idea NEVER entertained by a Guzzi owner.  It's more about holding onto what might be the "cooler" motorcycle as the bike, and owner ages.

I cast a vote for the GRiSO over a t3.

If they were in the same state of repair, I'd take the T3, as long as we're casting votes.
Back to top Go down
mojohand
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
mojohand

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:29 am

O=D-1, as we know. Very Happy Very Happy

Where O is the optimal number of bikes to own, and
D is the number your spouse will divorce you over.
Back to top Go down
Guzzimax
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Guzzimax

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:28 pm

I’d try and find a way of squeezing another bike in the garage. I had to move some bikes around on Saturday as I rotate mine, using 2 each month, then SORNing, and using another 2 and so on…
I had rolled all the Guzzi’s out into the yard so I could move them around, at that point my wife came down the drive to tell me dinners ready, the look on her face was “I had no freekin idea you has all these bikes, where did they all come from

Back to top Go down
Guzzimax
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Guzzimax

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:30 pm

Well something went wrong with the photo posting her, and the Guzzi’s appear to have in number…..
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:32 pm

I fix

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:10 am

So bike advertised yesterday midday  and sold and collected this morning by a chap who had been looking for one for a while.
Very sad to see it go but it is what it is and moving on to look for a good 850 t3 t 75/78 vintage.
Big thank you for all the help and advice I sourced via this forum keep it up and goodbye for now at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Parting thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting thoughts    Parting thoughts  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Parting thoughts
Page 1 of 1