GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound

Go down 
+6
Canyon Carver
Scot p
Steak
DungeonMaster
beetle
Pete Roper
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Empty
PostSubject: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:18 pm

The guy with the great looking MG T-Shirt is back.  Now you can list to the exhaust sound while watching trees go by in HD 1080p?  LOL  Exhaust has removable oxygen sensor access plugs on both exhaust tubes and a third on the front / rear double Y union for stock sensor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:24 pm

What sort of baffling do the 'Mufflers' have in?

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:45 pm

I'd be very interested in how it runs and what its fuel economy is like.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Me too. I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Economy is the same, but, increase responsiveness is noticeable between 5,500 & 7,500 rpm.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I know I said I was happy with my asymmetrical oil cooler in the exhaust thread, but ideas are marching out of my mind in battalions...

..oil cooler behind front wheel may reduce cooling slightly. Not a bad thing.

..triple O2 sensor locations allows for a perfect map to be built.  cheers

..cost of kit produced a frownyface. Somewhere well north of $2k to get it to Beetleland. Oh noes!

Sad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Aria V12 system will not fit on GRiSO with oil cooler in stock position so kit is a necessity. I was impressed with weld quality by TIG weld fusing method with tubes purged with argon gas so inside weld is equal to external weld. Get what you pay for is the old saying here in the states and this system is not over priced considering. This Aria V12 exhaust is the only one in the USA be the first on your street to own one its just money. Makes the bike look balanced.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

If you read some of the tuning threads you will see that one of the bug-bears of the GRiSO 8V is that it's over-cooled, so relocating the cooler may be beneficial. The asymmetrical look of the G is one of the things I like most about it, so I would have to overcome this if I were to go down this path. it's the possibilities of the exhaust in relation to the fuel mapping that get me hot and bothered.

It's easy to say it's only money, but I've just spent $1500 on exhaust stuff in the last few months and my motorcycling fund is looking a bit withered.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 pm

As my loving mother once said "everything in moderation son!"  A complete exhaust system and oil cooler modification is an expensive undertaking especially having already burn cash on the present slip-on etc.,.  Money is money and were not the government where we can simply print whatever we need?  Want to add a stainless Y-intake to the 50mm EFI bodies with a single K&N pod filter then dyno and remap.  Yes possibly invest in a Power Commander.  Second image IPOTHESYS cafe bike on dyno in Italy.

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:30 am

GRiSO HEAD wrote:
Economy is the same, but, increase responsiveness is noticeable between 5,500 & 7,500 rpm.

Hey. GRiSO Head.
You posted up a picture of the engine mount bolt that my bike threw off. The Left Front. Smile

Yes, I am going to do this oil cooler position remount but I like the other version better. As posted in some other thread. An exhaust thread?? Another exhaust thread. Not this exhaust thread.
What kind of oil do you prefer????? j/k

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 am

Can you sneak a ratchet wrench in behind the oil cooler or do you have to pull it off every time you do a valve job?

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 am

Removing the grill & cooler is very simple and take only a few minutes. 4 small socket head screws for grill and three bolts for cooler.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:17 am

Plugs out, into gear, pull the engine over with the rear wheel. As long as you have a stand its easy.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:45 am

I have done valves adjustments with both methods. Thanks Pete for more info.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 pm

beetle wrote:

It's easy to say it's only money, but I've just spent $1500 on exhaust stuff in the last few months and my motorcycling fund is looking a bit withered.

that's what the buy sell trade section is for, Smile

cya
Scot.
still looking for "THE" exhaust that will make my bike complete, but also thinking if i can find a good pipe bender I can play with a 2 into 2 setup using existing headers, and dropping the y pipe..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Thank you Alessandro for the Ipothesys exhaust dyno graph. Approximately 12 more HP power gain at 1,000 less rpm. Graph displays blue stock with red 1st and green 2nd Ipothesys generations of exhaust systems. Green being exhaust on my GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 pm

that's a torque graph , so more torque ,maybe same outright power...not necessarily 2k well spent in my books. ans most of that was probably done playing with their pc3...

beetle could probably achieve the same with a map...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah, you can't get an extra 20 Nm of torque just by bolting on a pipe. You can change where it peaks and maybe add a few Nm, but 20? Sorry, but no.

With a stock exhaust I can flatten the curve and increase torque a bit, but to get that much extra torque a new pipe is required.

In this case, they must have diddled with the map or used a black box like a PC or similar. The fuel or ignition has been modified.

Suspect 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:58 pm

oh I should add, yes its still a beautiful bit of metal work.

cya
Scot.
Their pipe that uses the stock headers would be nice on my bike...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Stock mapping no black box or diddling LOL etc.,.

Feedback from "Ipothesys" about exhaust history translated from Italian sent to my own of company.

This exhaust has been created, designed and rebuilt 3 times before arriving at the final version. lasted 18 months of work and has been tested on test benches at DUCATI and has provided excellent results with the original mapping.

We are Italian, and the Moto Guzzi and 'Italian (the factory in Mandello Lario and' at 70km from my house) and we know how to make the most of these engines. And we are proud of this and the quality of our products.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:40 pm

It sounds like marketing speak to me, You also realize that by saying 3 times they are probably including the the open pipe they just shoved on to get a rolling show bike, then the stock headers version, then the full system.

The Ipothesys is a nice design study, but its really still got a bog standard old tractor motor the factory put in the bike the wrong way(ok I like it that way) . I love the idea of a modern day le-mans , the Ipothesys is not it..

cya
Scot.
have you heard the saying "polishing a turd" , the GRiSO is not a turd but same concept.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Hey, it's another new option for the Grisso, inflated/questionable math aside. We should be happy anyone gives a rat's ass at all!  scratch 
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Let me see if I grok what's going on here: some of you guys are pissing on the Ipothesys parade? Why? Seems like we would want to encourage more aftermarket involvement in developing our Grisos. Not every development is going to suit everyone's taste, and it's always fair to offer constructive criticism, but ... "Can't we all just get along?"
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:28 pm

I like what they ate doing, I'm just trying to get through the bs and lies..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next