GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Leaking Spokes

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
ianjamesqs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ianjamesqs
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ianjamesqs

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:32 am

Hello

I have a 2014 GRiSO 1200SE with spoked wheels, and what I thought was a slow puncture is confirmed as Leaking Spoked Rims.

Anyone else suffer this problem and if so how is it fixed !

Ian
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:48 am

Hi Ian, try this thread (or just search for leaking spokes in this site) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Better posting these questions in Grisology section
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:52 am

I had the problem, so I obtained a set of cast wheels.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:58 am

I fitted cast wheels too .... but my spokes don't leak Wink
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:20 am

Really not that hard to fix as per the link provided above by paulbrice (How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples) and well worth the effort if you prefer the look of the spoked wheels, which I do.
The most important thing is to identify the leaking spoke seals which you can only do effectively by immersing the wheel rim in water as shown. A spray of soapy water is unlikely to confirm the leakers as it can take a few minutes under water before bubbles are evident.
It is also important to check your spoke tension periodically.

If all else fails there is also the Outrex solution mentioned further on in the post.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have used this and it works.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:35 am

I had 2 leaking after hitting a pretty bad pothole. If you back the nipple off then re-seat while you have some soap on there you can slow the leak down a good bit. Then just replace the o-ring on the next tire change.

I think the o-rings are $2usd a pop from the dealer, but someone posted the industrial equivalent somewhere. I just bought 10 oems and called it a day.

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:07 pm

I luv the look of my cast wheels compared to the spokes that were fitted, less hectic, more open.
Cleaner, less corrosion, peeps have alread started complaning.
Non GRiSO owners are suprised when you swap out the wheels, but only a GRiSO owner who had spoke wheels and swapped them would understand the why.
Mine didnt leak either.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaking Spokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Spokes   Leaking Spokes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Leaking Spokes
Page 1 of 1