GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Hi
i would like to reduce the weight of my breva 1100 and also make it look a bit less conservative.
It seems quite complicated to find a fitting alternative fuel tank. (12-15l should be sufficient)
Not only due to the form of the frame but also due to the fuel pump.
How hard is it to place the fuel pump into an aftermarket tank ?
In the KTM's 690 they just throw the pump into the tank and only the pipe and the cable lead out of the tank.
is that possible with Breva's fuel pump too ?
Did anybody here replace the tank ?
I did not find any custom breva 1100's on the net. its always just the smaller sister
Cheers
Jan

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:49 pm

You don't need the fuel pump in the tank at all. If you take your pump plate out w/pump you will see how much room you need in your custom tank.
I would take your tank off and look at what you have to work with 1st, most the tank is all on top the frame. Never heard of a custom tank for Breva or Norge, nor a Sport 12.
If you find a tank you can buy an external pump & filter so you have more gas in tank than pump.
Good luck w/your search.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:48 pm

Thanks
External pump sounds good
I had it removed last week and lot of space was consumed by the airbox hump/hunch.
prev. owner did already remove the nozzle, i guess to make it louder, but the hump is still there
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 am

External pumps seem surprisingly cheap -
So much that if there was space i would put one on the GRiSO - more fuel in the tank and no need to split the high pressure line to remove the tank.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:56 am

Yeah, but then you need a pressure relief valve and return to the tank. It's a shitty system. An in tank pump is a much neater and easier solution.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:12 am

Jan, don't, just don't. Want a smaller tank, go get a V9!

Either that or don't fill it full!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:53 am

Good point Pete
I still think in terms of float chambers and valves - (old bleeder)
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:16 am

Hmmm.
I thought I buy a breva and with the saved money 2 to 2.5 k€ I make it look less boring. But guess I should sell it and go for a GRiSO.
I tested the 850 v7 lately and did not like it. My old Suzuki sv650 gave me a better feeling. Seems a fresh Guzzi is not an option. guess I want to stick with the 2v engines. I did ask a guy regarding alu tank, but that would cost around 1000+ € just for the tank..
Thanks P

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump   Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Alternate tank for Breva - Fuel pump
Page 1 of 1