GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 1100 rolling noise

Go down 
+5
Pete Roper
Brent S
lcjohnny
kiwi dave
Matias
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:44 am

Thanks to all.
I'm going to check all those bits
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:14 am

Hi guys,

I'm gonna go with the front wheel bearings change...
What has been your experience with that? Have you been able to push out the first bearing from the opposite side using a rod? Is it possible to push the internal spacer a bit off-center to have access to the inner surface of the bearing?
Or do I really need the tool from Kiwi Dave?

Thanks all,
Matias
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:59 am

I thought you got other bikes front wheel bearings checked and it wasnt that, so get these checked before you invest in tools or bugger about knocking them out only to find it isnt that.
You obviously lack the required as dont even have a decent stand. I ordered a becker stand and bought a new scissor jack for the sump same time as bought the bike, since replaced for a scissor stand.
You jack front wheel, spin wheel, feel for side play, if they rumble they are f*cked, if there is play they are the same, if there is none of that then it aint your wheel bearings.
As for tyres they are random, on a specific stretch of potentially smooth road I have bevel box whine, no where else in my county only a 2000 yard stretch of road Laughing

Check front torque/reaction arm mount for play, it's two fat o-ring type bushes to replace or swap for a silent bloc.
If it has a silent bloc check for cracks in the rubber, check if frame hole that mounts it is ovaled out.

Symptoms are squeaks, groans, judder sounds, usually in low gears, low revs, sounds can eminate from front to middle of bike.
Sound really perplexed me, checked everything obvious during first week of ownership, even removed fuel tank which started me off on other quests, breathers/mounts/battery tray blah!
Easy to access just be careful when dropping side plate down as brake light wire is connected.
Side plate only holds foot peg and brake lever assembly and looks pretty compared the the stelvio's naked frame look  Laughing

Cant imagine any other sounds eminating from your bike more hideous, except maybe mounting highway pegs with an over long bolt that twangs against the flywheel  Laughing

Original mount
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Silent Bloc upgrade/Not, has potential to silence o-ring issues but can wear mounting holes in frame mount oval in my opinion.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a service item and can affect bikes as low 13k miles, once swapped for silent bloc can fail every 10 or 20k

Front is towards bike engine, back is towards bevel box.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:53 am

Thanks for your post Buellbloke.
I'll take a look at that reaction arm, but the noise I'm talking about is definetely a "rolling noise". I guess this would be more like a rattle, right?
It seems to come from that front wheel...But you are right, I should be sure before taking things apart...
I checked it in the past and it seemed OK, but I will do it again because it really seems to come from there.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:02 am

Matias wrote:
Thanks for your post Buellbloke.
I'll take a look at that reaction arm, but the noise I'm talking about is definetely a "rolling noise". I guess this would be more like a rattle, right?
It seems to come from that front wheel...But you are right, I should be sure before taking things apart...
I checked it in the past and it seemed OK, but I will do it again because it really seems to come from there.

Failing wheel bearings is a rumble same as headrace plus sloppy movement or minute play, rattles are bits falling off.
Could be your headrace bearings drying out, at 13K miles my lower set were getting low on grease, even a tug and no play could still mean they need attention.
Knackered wheel bearings always become self evident as handling will go down hill fast.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:24 am

Could be....But these are sealed bearings....No greasing possible, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:10 am

Matias wrote:
Could be....But these are sealed bearings....No greasing possible, I guess.

Wheel bearings are sealed, head race are caged open or tapered but still open.
The only grease applied to wheel bearings is little on the outside around where the spacer fits and the axle passing thru them at your discretion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 rolling noise   GRiSO 1100 rolling noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 1100 rolling noise
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2