GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Asbestos pants

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

Asbestos pants Empty
PostSubject: Asbestos pants   Asbestos pants Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 am

Sooo.

You might be a redneck if you own two '78 LM's.

Which I now do.

The existing Raceco bike is in fair fettle and is a sheer joy to ride, with some minor niggles am working through. Bleed. High speed stumbles. Which I hope you'll allow me to circle back to. Had a 'professional' give it a functional restoration but that's turned out to be a dry hole.

The new one is an un-mo-lested bike. Well it has gold wheels and is missing the stacks but.....That's it. Low low low miles too. Looks like it's lived indoors.

Starts, runs, stops, but given my age and physique I MUST install rear sets yesterday. The Raceco bike has the basic fixed Tarozzi's, which work fine but the fixed pegs make me nervous.

Questions:

Any of you Tonti-ites have rear sets on your bike, if so which, and do you like them? I saw some folding pegs for rear sets somewhere, anyone know if they retrofit to the existing?

Anyone have, have seen, can propose, a comprehensive list of the all the rubber bits, cables, etc that a largely untouched bike needs? Care to suggest tasks that should be done?
Aside from the rubber etc I intend to fully refresh the brakes, as in all-new (that necessary?), and add a deep-sump external-filter pan.

Ride, Captain, Ride.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Asbestos pants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asbestos pants   Asbestos pants Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Have a chat to Charlie at Antietam Classic Cycles. I have to admit I've forgotten more than I thought I would about the bikes of my youth. Charlie will probably be able to give you chapter and verse off the top of his head.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Asbestos pants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asbestos pants   Asbestos pants Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 am

You could just go to MG Cycles site and pick through the rubber section & cables, tank stuff.
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

Asbestos pants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asbestos pants   Asbestos pants Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:15 am

That’s the plan, but am hoping to cut my time online by working off a list made up in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Asbestos pants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asbestos pants   Asbestos pants Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Asbestos pants
Page 1 of 1