GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings   Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon 20 Dec 2021, 21:04

No. What we need is an internally mounted seal with the rubber lip on the outer edge facing towards the outer race of the bearing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings   Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon 20 Dec 2021, 23:44

And none of my local bearing factors can help.

The seal is a weird size 36.5 x 46 x 5. It would be interesting to see if a standard 32005 has an inner race of 36.5?

My guess is it is a Guzzi specific bearing so we're locked in to buying from them. As I said the price isn't too bad. About $60 AU from memory and if they are greased properly from time to time they are going to last a very long time. I've already spent more than enough time chasing this particular chimera. Just buy the factory bearings. It won't kill you.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings   Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue 21 Dec 2021, 04:51

I reckon the one I posted earlier looks like a good bet, the seal looks identical in size to the original.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings   Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue 21 Dec 2021, 05:02

Yup. They were the £28 ones? That's probably not far off the $60 AU figure I suggested. The Triking mob obviously have an inside line I don't but I'm glad there is an alternative for when the factory discontinues supply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings   Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shocking Cost of Original Swing Arm Bearings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2