GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Spark plug tube update?

Go down 
+3
SMTCapeCod
Pete Roper
jlburgess
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jlburgess
Carlotto
Carlotto
jlburgess

Spark plug tube update? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spark plug tube update?   Spark plug tube update? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:39 pm

It's probably just floating around on the old style longer tube then. I replaced the rocker box seals at the same time so that maybe cured it? I'll remove the spark plug tube donut at the next valve adjustment then. What is the intention of the floating valve cover?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Spark plug tube update? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spark plug tube update?   Spark plug tube update? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:46 pm

I think it was just an attempt to improve the sealing and prevent the tube coming off with the cover. In damp climates, especially in places where they salt the roads, the tubes tend to rust into the rocker cover and get pulled out of the head when the cover is lifted. By deleting the long tube and replacing it with the short one that just goes between head and rocker carrier/cambox it will not be disturbed until rebuild time and will therefore be a lot less liable to leak. Sealing the cover to the top of the casting of the cambox is probably less problematic than relying on the o-ring and corrosion prone tube.

Just a guess....
Back to top Go down

Spark plug tube update?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2