GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fork Seal Driver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Fork Seal Driver Empty
PostSubject: Fork Seal Driver   Fork Seal Driver Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:07 am

Bought me a fork seal driver off fleabay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
After watching a youtube video of some bloke using one a few years back.
Evidently 30mm - 45mm should fit our 43mm fork legs nicely.
When it arrived found it was 45mm closed spreading to 50mm.
You wouldn't think 2mm out would make much difference, 2mm extra diameter means a sloppy fit and innacurate impacts on the seal driver part.
Now that seal driver part in mateys video clipped onto the leg and expanded to your fork leg size.
This one was already expanded to 55mm, you had to compress it to fit.
Upon looking around the internet found the vast majority were identical.
Now instead of being a solo job needed 3 hands, one to hold the sprung clip in place, one to impact said driver and another to hold the tube up out of the way.
Even with all that failed to get the thing to fit the fork seal.
In the old days we used a socket then fitted the tube after, forced the top bush thru the bottom bush.

Now there is a much better way and it works lovely, it does, its soft so shouldn't damage the seal.
If your clever or concerned you could wrap to the width of the seal lip then move the tape left a tad and wrap until just shy of the fork stanchion.
Didnt bother with any of that, just did it like the video.
For some reason on the GRiSO didnt need to hammer it in, just pushed and forced it with plenty of rubber grease to lube it.
The top bush was the same, just pushed it in until it clicked into place, did use the spring part of the tool for that though could have used the tape method.
Obviously if your minted buy a top tier tool or pay someone else to do it, or if your clever like Hipower another ghetto fella and have lathes and stuff knock up your own.

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Fork Seal Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Driver   Fork Seal Driver Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:43 pm

I'm cheap, mine is PVC pipe I made.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Fork Seal Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Driver   Fork Seal Driver Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:00 am

I'm with GuzziSteve, while I have fancy seal drivers for my trail bikes but I've used PVC pipe for other one off type jobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fork Seal Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Driver   Fork Seal Driver Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fork Seal Driver
Page 1 of 1