GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Speedo misting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nidge
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Nidge

Speedo misting  Empty
PostSubject: Speedo misting    Speedo misting  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:50 am

Hi first post so apologies if already asked
Can the Speedo glass be removed whilst the Speedo is still on the bike? I've removed the 4 screw's and chrome bezel. Does the screen Just pry off? Asume it's Just stuck in place with sealent? Thanks for any info 👍
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Speedo misting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo misting    Speedo misting  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:11 pm

What year is the bike? Earlier machines had more of a problem. I think at some point some sort of semi permeable membrane was put over the barometric pressure sensor in the back of the dash which helped to keep the moisture out but early dashes all tend to mist and removing the cover won't actually achieve anything much in terms of fixing the issue. If you do a search you'll find various people have tried a variety of solutions before, some with greater efficacy than others.

I have to ask? Is your bike rollerised?

Nidge likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nidge
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Nidge

Speedo misting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo misting    Speedo misting  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:17 pm

It's a 2015, and yes rollerised. Only had the bike a few weeks, never been misted until today when it was parked in the sun ,it's only a small area so hopefully will sort itself out.
Always fancied a guzzi it's my first one
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Speedo misting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo misting    Speedo misting  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:57 pm

Misting in the sun is a symptom of the presence of condensed water down below, which could do damage in the long run. The sun heats the lower parts of the dash as it falls on the dark instrument face, and the evaporated moisture then condenses on the lower side of the clear cover, which remains cool. It's a kind of greenhouse effect. The continued presence of the liquid water reservoir below is what's worrying.

As Pete said, removing the clear cover won't help much. Also as he said, newer bikes like yours may be better protected by a membrane. Doing a really good fix may be a lot of trouble.

Moto

Nidge likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Speedo misting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo misting    Speedo misting  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:52 am

Happened to mine once. It’s a 2014. Like Pete said, do a search on this site and you’ll find some remedies and causes. Normally wet weather followed by cold to make the moisture condense and maybe some sun on your dash. Mine dried out on its own and I’ve used a desiccant bag that Paul Bruce suggested now and then if I think the conditions would be right for it to happen again. It’s good to keep your dash out of the sun if you can help it.
You have a great bike…

moby and Nidge like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedo misting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo misting    Speedo misting  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Speedo misting
Page 1 of 1