GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Newby

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:23 pm

Ive been riding since the 70s and always loved Guzzis....now I finally got a bike that is custom from the factory...I also have a Suzuki Bandit 12 with Speed Triple lamps...since 1998 the best 1/4 mile 10.46 @ 131.6 0n a 102degree day in July, my buddy had a 206 rwhp Busa which was a utter ripper
I was looking around and this 2006 GRiSO popped up with 14k miles...I searched the web and people were saying how slow it was...I was a little put off but I forged ahead with cash in hand to sample this bike
I told the owner I wanted to ride the bike first and placed the cash in his hand and I was off...these bike are just weird but I like old tech anyway I let it warm up and nailed the gas in first after third at redline I said to myself this bike is quick, maybe like a Zed 1000 with a pipe, and the 6 slick 6speed keeps the party at boil plus the sound of the mistral straight through carbon muffler I was hooked

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:59 pm

Bandit12
If you are being captivated by GRiSOness... please check

Is it rollerised??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Er..it's a 2V 1100 Jon.

Welcome bandit12.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, eighteight and bandit12 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:28 pm

beetle wrote:

Er..it's a 2V 1100 Jon.

Good
and
Sleep where does it say that Sleep
Back to top Go down
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:33 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Bandit12

Is it rollerised??
Its a two valve

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:53 pm

lcjohnny wrote:

Good
and
Sleep where does it say that Sleep

Suspect Very Happy

Right in the middle of his post...and where it says GRiSO 1100 under the avatar....    Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:54 pm

lol well welcome anyhoo Bandit12

Bill Hagan, eighteight and bandit12 like this post

Back to top Go down
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:55 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Bandit12

Is it rollerised??
2 valve
Back to top Go down
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:14 am

I bought an extra set of heads, I think I will get Mike Rich to port them and maybe the street cam....Im thinking close to 90 rwhp would be about right...then when the clutch gives up do the aluminum flywheel
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:22 am

Instead of sending $$$ to others, first ensure it is mapped well with a map from GRiSO.org Unless you already have this?) - this will give you the best performance from a standard engine.

Going the way of a worked engine in a Guzzi is like converting a sow's ear into a silk purse - my $0.02 worth. Unreliability also follows when special work is done. Mark can also assist you in mapping if you do go down that route...

bandit12 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:55 am

Dream HP figures are just that, a dream. The limiting issue with the 2V heads on the 1100's is less to do with the heads themselves and more to do with the throttlebody choke size. Mike does spectacular work, my old Scura had pistons and head work by Mike and it was a beast but it had lots of other stuff as well AND bigger throttle bodies.

I've been working on big block Guzzis for forty years, believe me when I say that if you go chasing top end that you will rarely use you will also be sacrificing bottom end and midrange torque. Dyno numbers may be great for bragging at the pub but at the end of the day a GRiSO, any GRiSO is a long, heavy, slow, 'Underpowered' slug. If you want 100 RWBHP? Just buy an 8V. Simple.

As for somewhere to spend money? Suspension is first cab off the rank closely followed by brakes. Also the shock linkages and swingarm bearings will need greasing or replacing anyway and when that is done is an ideal time to fit a decent shock.

The alloy flywheels are fine but you'll find that the 1100 steel flywheel really has very little more rotating mass. GRiSO doesn't have a flywheel like an Eldorado, (Although I put an Eldo flywheel in my old SP1000 and it was gorgeous!)

eighteight and bandit12 like this post

Back to top Go down
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:25 pm

I disagree that the 2v GRiSO is a total slug, it's not a GSXR for sure. I can use 100% of its power on mountain roads and feel like Carl Fogarty, it's a modern vintage bike, the brakes are fine, the fork has too much compression dampening maybe one step down on oil weight. The rear shock feels ok for now...this is a street bike
Mike Rich says he has some things figured out on the porting and the damm things are sticking out there like a hitch hiker...why not?
I saw Mikes work on a flow bench sheet, his porting increased low lift flow from .100 all the way through, so that equates to more overall power, the stock throttle bodies will be fine...I've heard 8-12hp...I'll have like $800 in the whole thing...some spend that on a muffler
Back to top Go down
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:35 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Instead of sending $$$ to others, first ensure it is mapped well with a map from GRiSO.org Unless you already have this?) - this will give you the best performance from a standard engine.

Going the way of a worked engine in a Guzzi is like converting a sow's ear into a silk purse - my $0.02 worth. Unreliability also follows when special work is done. Mark can also assist you in mapping if you do go down that route...

What do I need to get started on the tuning / mapping arena? thanks!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:44 pm

Go to GRiSO.org and speak to the bloke who understands fuel injection (after all he is the FIG - Fuel Injection Guru). The website discusses what you need and if you have different requirements, Mark is willing to listen. He is also known as Beetle here he knows his shit. He has supplied approaching 900 maps all around the world for all sorts of Guzzis.

You  won't get more HP out of the exercise, however you will have a greatly flattened torque "curve" right through the rev range. Then if you have special requirements after Mike has been playing with your head, Mark might well be able to build you a special map. He has built specials for track bikes that have worked quite well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO Newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Newby   GRiSO Newby Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Newby
Page 1 of 1