GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Empty
PostSubject: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:52 am

To all,

I am truly enjoying my new ride, but one thing I am not used to is the position of the rear brake lever/toe peg.  Note:  My bike has the Knight Designs lowered pegs.  As you can see in the pic, I have a straight edge on the flat surface of the foot peg, but you see how far inboard the rear brake peg is.  Is this normal?  I have to be pigeon-toed to apply the brake, which isn't as comfortable to me as I would prefer, plus in an emergency situation I want to make sure I am applying the brake in an instant.  So...my questiuon to everyone is, is this the normal geometry??  Would it be blasphemy to perhaps heat the lever a little bit and try to gingerly bend the lever outward, say 1/2" to an 1"?  The left side is similar, but since you use your big toe/front edeg of the foot, that side feels more natural.  Thanks for any thoughts/comments (and if it needs to stay like it is, I guess I'll just have to get used to it!).  Thanks!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:58 am

I bought the inexpensive ( $50 pr)  shift / brake "lowering" pegs from AF-1
They are two piece, was the work of a minute to source a 6m X 50 bolt and 1" steel spacer from Lowes
( Hillman is the brand)
Assembled with blue Lock Tite and a lock washer.
Same for shift side , easily reversible
  Methinks it will work just skippy

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 am

I actually got on my son's Yamaha FZ-07. The offset is similar, but there is room for my right heel to "cheat" towards the frame. Thus, my forefoot more easily centers up more on the brake lever. May just be the geometry of the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:58 am

I used another make of lowered pegs (Vario from M and P)-I had to use a longer bolt with stainless spacers to make it stick out far enough to be usable. Someone else on here had the same problem and there's a pic of his somewhere.

Steedracer and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:53 pm

I had the same issue with the KD pegs. I made longer toe pegs.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Steedracer and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2022 9:37 am

If you retained the original setup it wouldn't be an issue as the foot presses on the entire arm and protrusion.
Fitting lowered pegs and lowered protrusion means you only have the protruding part to press on and it's somewhat tiny.
I too have this setup, only option seems to be extending the protrusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?   Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear brake lever/peg: too far inboard?
Page 1 of 1