GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Left me shaky...!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:40 pm

Last week end I took my GRiSO to the annual spring gathering of the Norwegian Moto Guzzi Club. It was held in beautiful surroundings of fjords and mountains close to the town of Stryn, not far from where I originally come from.

On the last day, a couple of us made a trip up to one of the glaciers nearby and I shot a photo of it with my GRiSO in front.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was lovely up there, some tourists, some minor avalanches comming from the tops, which is normal at spring. Spectacular and peaceful.

Yesterday, less than a week after the photo was shot, a serious avalance hit the spot where the bike was standing, wiped away hundreds of meters of the road, some cars and most likely some turists on foot. They're still searching.

Not sure if you have access to the dramatic video of the avalance/land slide outside Norway, but I post a link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If not, I add  a couple of screen shots, altough they don't give the right impression of the brutal forece of a slide.

Not sure why I post this, but it has left me a bit shaky and more aware of how quickly and out of the blue karma strikes. Guess we were lucky, small slides came all the time while we were there...

lcjohnny, SMTCapeCod and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:01 am

Wow... Shocked Spectacular and beautiful. But also brutal. You were lucky.

(P.S. I assume that (just like in the area I live in British Columbia) there is avalanche control in Norway, to avoid the exact disaster that you describe. They miscalculated the risk?)

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:17 am

Beautiful scenery and a great picture of your GRiSO, Bjor. I'm sure glad you weren't there when it happened!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:01 am

bioman wrote:
Wow... Shocked  Spectacular and beautiful.  But also brutal. You were lucky.

(P.S. I assume that (just like in the area I live in British Columbia) there is avalanche control in Norway, to avoid the exact disaster that you describe. They miscalculated the risk?)

Yes we have avalanche control, but it's very difficult to predict at this time of the year, since the slides are triggered by heat/melting. It came from around 1800 meters where there is no monitoring. We know, however, that it is risky to go into the area and still we do it...

By the way, I met a young guy from BC there that day Smile

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:15 am

Street wrote:
Beautiful scenery and a great picture of your GRiSO, Bjor. I'm sure glad you weren't there when it happened!

Thanks Pete Smile

Yes I'm glad too, - I would have been GRiSOless now Wink
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:17 am

Big landscape like that is heartless....

A proper use of the word awesome

we might have been Bjor-less Sad

But on the upside - a little digging would have revealed some GRiSO spares  Very Happy

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left me shaky...! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left me shaky...!   Left me shaky...! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Left me shaky...!
Page 1 of 1