GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Battery replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverfox
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Silverfox

Battery replacement Empty
PostSubject: Battery replacement   Battery replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:19 pm

Hi,, my dear friend didn”t kick into life so i’ve just replaced my battery for the same oem yuasa ytx20ch-bs. When i got the old battery out i notoced some leaks….not much. However when i tried to installl the new battery there was some noise from the instrument panel and then sparks from tue terminal +.
What the hell is going on? Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement   Battery replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:18 pm

Most likely just a build up of corrosion on the ends of the leads. Clean them thoroughly with wet and dry and burnish them until they are clean and bright. Then install them with a smear of Vaseline on both post and lead fitting.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement   Battery replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:07 pm

you will always get a noise from the instrument panel on reconnecting the battery and because that draws current (even when turned off) you will get some light sparking.

Just treat the lead ends like Pete says
Back to top Go down
Silverfox
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Silverfox

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement   Battery replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:38 pm

Guys you are brilliant. Thanks a mill. Actually the leads look corroded and I gave the a halfhearted brush but it seems they need more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement   Battery replacement Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Battery replacement
Page 1 of 1