GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch Replacement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Clutch Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Replacement   Clutch Replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:38 pm

I was just cruising around “You Tube” and seen a video of an English mechanic changing a clutch and some other stuff on an 8V GRiSO, he looked to be a very good and competent guy but may not have worked on many Guzzies!

But what seemed wrong to me was that he just dropped the engine out of the frame and left the gearbox in place, he then seemed to get a bit of hardship and had to remove studs and other stuff to be able to drop the engine.

Thankfully I haven’t had to tackle the clutch yet but I think when I have to I’ll be dropping the complete engine and gearbox together and split them on the bench or floor, what thinks the guys around here that can do this stuff blindfolded, was he putting an extra bit of hardship on himself?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Clutch Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch Replacement   Clutch Replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:53 pm

I've seen that vid and commented on it before. His way of tackling it is bonkers and made the job ten times more difficult than simply ripping the arse end out and lifting the frame. Both Steve and I who have done this job many times reckon his way is barmy.

Guzzi Cat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Clutch Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch Replacement   Clutch Replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:13 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I've seen that vid and commented on it before. His way of tackling it is bonkers and made the job ten times more difficult than simply ripping the arse end out and lifting the frame. Both Steve and I who have done this job many times reckon his way is barmy.

Thanks for the reply Pete, nice to know that I haven’t lost the last few bits of mechanical savvy cheers but in fairness I’d say he’s a good guy, probably not familiar with guzzies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clutch Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch Replacement   Clutch Replacement Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch Replacement
Page 1 of 1