GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:26 am

I have a 2017 GRiSO and purchased some chinese adjustable flip up levers. When they arrived and I tried to install them they wouldnt fit because the GRiSO has (on the brake side anyway) a small ball which fits into a cup which then fits into a cupped recess in the lever. Never seen that before. And seems unnecessarily complex. Is there an option for adjustable flip up levers that fit the 2017 GRiSO? Not sure if the same design is used on other GRiSO model years or not. Typically when I see aftermarket parts listed for the GRiSO they only go up to 2016. Which makes me wonder if there was a change to the design in 2017, or whether 2017 was just the last year they ran out existing stock of the bikes in. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:30 am

Jack,
I don’t think there are any differences in your 2017. If you do a word search in the search option at the top, it will provide tons of reading for you if other don’t chime in.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:57 am

I'm a bit intrigued by your description of the master cylinder set up. All stock Grisos use the same master cylinder to the best of my knowledge and there is no 'Ball' involved? There is as sort of captured plunger rod with a hemispherical end in the master that presses onto the end of the piston but no 'Ball' as far as I know.

Can you take a few pics of the master cylinder/plunger arrangement with the lever removed and post them up? First thing that springs to mind is it may of had an aftermarket master cylinder fitted.

Also beware the cheap Chinese knock-off levers. They tend to wear quickly and can fail suddenly and unexpectedly. I'm sure there are good ones but quality is very inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:21 pm

Pete. Your description sounds like it's the way mine is. The 'ball' portion was at the plunger end. The hemispherical end as you say. I wasnt as accurate in my description as I could have been.
And thanks for the warning on the Chinese levers. I've used them on my triumph with success (so far), but I'll keep it in mind.
The thing that threw me off was the arrangement of the master cylinder plunger and lever, as well as the fact 2017 grisos don't seem to get mentioned as often when I'm looking for after market parts. So I feared my lever / master cylinder arrangement was peculiar to the 2017. But you and John have put my mind to rest there.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:31 pm

Basically, in terms of cycleparts, with the exception of brake rotors, wheels and the front wheel spindle and spacer all 8V Grisos are exactly the same. The 2V 1100's had different fork sliders due to using axial mount calipers but other than that they were the same from 2005 until production ceased in 2016. If plated as a '17 yours must be one of the very last and will probably have the very last updates to the motor which were terribly minor things like a change of design to the flinger plates on the camshaft sprockets but other than that the only major changes over the entire production run were the swap to the roller top end in 2012 and the change to the one piece Cali 14 sump in 2015.

On the subject of levers? Although they are expensive the Pazzo's are worth every penny in my book. I at first experimented with cheap levers from Fleabay but apart from their very inferior wear properties they had lousy 'Feel' compared to even the stock levers. When I fitted the Pazzo's I was genuinely gobsmacked by exactly how much better they actually felt! I'd never actually considered such a thing before, but it's true!

That I wasn't imagining it was confirmed when I got my second bike back on the road. Its previous owner had gone down the 'Cheap and cheerful' route and although the brake lever had been broken in the crash I actually had an identical one off some other POS lying around in my mountain of munt so I threw that on. They are horrible! They feel *Bendy* and insubstantial and the clutch plunger pin has already ovalised the hole in the lever even though I'm pretty sure the bike has done no more than 25,000km. I don't know for certain it's mileage as the dash was smashed but I've seen enough Grisos over the years to be able to judge how far they've traveled and it's certainly low mileage.

I'm not saying don't try the cheapies. Just don't be surprised if they are a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:45 am

Thanks for recommendation on pazzos. Your experience with them is useful to hear. I'll take a look at them again. I did do a quick search for these earlier but got scared off by the price. I'm Ukrainian. We're like the Scottish, but without their lavish lifestyle. I'm working on it. Lol
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:22 pm

jack5092 wrote:
I'm Ukrainian. We're like the Scottish, but without their lavish lifestyle.

Nice one
Beware the tartan backlash!!!
(London exile living in Bristol)
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:38 pm

On the plus side, Pazzos are Canadian!

In all seriousness, they are worth every penny, or loonie, or twonie...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:16 am

They’re Canadian? Even better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO   Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Adjustable Levers 2017 GRiSO
Page 1 of 1