GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again

Go down 
+12
beetle
kubbie
Papa Lazarou
Deepdive
GuzziSteve
eighteight
Pete Roper
Chris W
lcjohnny
bioman
Street
martijn851
16 posters
AuthorMessage
martijn851
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
martijn851

Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Empty
PostSubject: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:17 am

Hello,
I'm Martijn and live in a small town near Rotterdam, Holland.
Currently owning 2 Duc's, Aprilia's for trackdays and looking for a bike to ride in a normal pace  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have had a '79 1000SP, but did not become friends with it.
I also didn't fall in love with the GRiSO 10 years back, but they've grown on me and I want one.
Looking for a 1200 SE, hope to find one soon.

Cheers, Martijn.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto Martijn! Good luck with your search.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:46 am

I hope you will find one soon. They are out there for not too much money. Best to read some of the (very many) posts here on the Ghetto forum on the pros and cons of 2V vs 4V, and pre-2013 vs post-2013, and lubrication of bearings & linkages, etc etc, just to be prepared and make the right choice.
Having said all that, in the end it doesn't really matter: you fall in love with a bike and you just take it as it comes.

lcjohnny and martijn851 like this post

Back to top Go down
martijn851
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
martijn851

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:19 pm

Thanks. Over here the're still around 10k for a 2015 one and not that many on the market.
I'm not in a rush, sort of. Patience is not my strongest point.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi Martijn

good luck in your search.

I joined the Ghetto when i was first exposed to GRiSO but I resisted (my will was strong back then).

Then as i aged my will crumbled and my addiction grew strong.

Now i am 2 years a GRiSO owner and not sure I could go cold turkey now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
martijn851
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
martijn851

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:10 am

I've got my eye on this one, low mileage,, Termignoni, first owner, with bags, but 11k.

lcjohnny and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:35 am

welcome!
I'm partial to the red ones.....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:36 am

How 'Low Mileage' is 'Low Mileage'?

They aren't making them any more and, as usually happens when Guzzi big blocks go out of production two things happen.

1.) Prices stabilise or increase for a few years.

2.) Mouth breathers who wouldn't buy one new buy them and start telling anyone who will listed how they are going to do all this fantastic *Stuff* to them and turn them into the most awesomely fantastic, mind bendingly powerful/torquiest/best handling bike ever because nobody else in the last 17 years has thought of trying to improve one using 45 year old theory that they don't understand and will try to implement with a bent nail and the tool kit from their grandfather's Victor lawnmower.

After they've done that you'll find a fair few cheap ones on the market but sadly they will be very hard, if not impossible to fix.

If you have found one that hasn't been molested and you really want it? It might be better to jump now than wait for one of 'Uncertain Provenance'.......

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
martijn851
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
martijn851

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:18 am

In this case low mileage is 5000km, that's what, 3500 mls?
What's a mouth breather? scratch
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:32 am

"Mouth Breather" is a pejorative term used by Pete to describe cretins and other persons of lesser mechanical intellect

( see also "knuckle dragger" or "shaved ape"  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by eighteight on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
martijn851
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
martijn851

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:56 am

Thanks.

I've just send the owner a message. Like I said, not in a rush at all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:42 am

I had an SP just like yours, but Euromart pipes(Bubs) & K&N's. Got 60mpg going to rallies.
Traded it for a Fiat Spider Sport to a buddy. I fell asleep on that bike twice.
Back to top Go down
Deepdive
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Deepdive

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:59 am

Martijn,
Van harte welkom. Very Happy

martijn851 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Martijn, send me a PM-my messages don't seem to being sent to you.

moby likes this post

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:03 pm

eighteight wrote:
"Mouth Breather" is a pejorative term used by Pete to describe cretins and other persons of lesser mechanical intellect

( see also "knuckle dragger" or "shaved ape"  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kinda take offense to this statement... I install wood floors so I spend a lot of time crawling on my knuckles with my hands full. And due to a severe crash years ago, I have a partially blocked nose so I spend a lot of time breathing through my mouth. Especially when working.

Luckily, I'm a knuckle dragging mouth breather so I'm too hurt.

Cool

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:12 pm

You're only a knuckle dragger if they drag while fully erect. That's walking upright, by the way. Very Happy

I'm also a mouth breather and spend way too much time crawling on knees and knuckles working on X-ray muck and PET/CT's.

Pete still talks to me..so...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:05 pm

Sometimes, I'm a mouth breather, cuz I'm old and fat and gasping for air.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 pm

martijn851 wrote:

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:44 pm

Martijn
Low Mileage... 20,000ml (30,000km) is low mileage for a big block Guzzi like a GRiSO

moby likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:57 am

We call them "Dildo breath" over here. lol
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:44 am

Steak wrote:
martijn851 wrote:

That my friend is hilarious. Laughing Laughing

Ciao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again   Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Not a Guzzi owner anymore, but will be again
Page 1 of 1