GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My first 10k service

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

My first 10k service  Empty
PostSubject: My first 10k service    My first 10k service  Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:19 pm

Just bought a 2016 10k old GRiSO and want to do service of fluids and eventually grease everything but I’m a bit confused about a few things . As you can see I’m in Australia and have a contact at Repco. I’m thinking Penrite products ( upon reading Pete’s recommendations.)

1 , gearbox and diff 75W90 but semi or full synthetic - does it matter?

2 , fork oil, in the manual it looks like 5w - 20w. I’m after a plusher ride so I’m thinking more towards the lighter end - any comments please
   And what is the story with levels, measured from top or quantity?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: My first 10k service    My first 10k service  Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:00 pm

What gear oil you use in the 75/90 range doesn't really matter but we always use a full synthetic from Penrite called 'Pro Gear'. Less than a litre will go both gearbox and bevelbox.

Forks? Definitely go 5wt. They're massively over damped.

Do the swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings now or pay a lot of money later.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: My first 10k service    My first 10k service  Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:40 pm

the forks definitely benefit from thinner oil
I've found that it's wise to reference the fork oil viscosity index when choosing an alternate  brand & weight as it seems the manufacturers oil "weight" can be somewhat subjective. the chart will let you compare all of the brands and weights

I tried to attach it, but the site won't let me attach a pdf for some reason. you should be able to google it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first 10k service    My first 10k service  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My first 10k service
Page 1 of 1